Tuesday, July 24, 2012

French Toast Recipe Warburtons




As you know, this week  I have been taking part in Warburtons Hi-Taste, Lo-Fat healthy eating plan,

I got messy with Crispy Tomato Chicken, recipe here' had a sweet treat with the  Fruit Compote with Honey Muffins 'recipe here', made a healthy Salmon and Dill tart using bread instead of pastry. My third recipe is just really worth making.



This is my favourite recipe to date, and yet on paper I was not looking forward to eating it, I have since bought more Warburtons Fruit Loaf with Orange to make for Sunday brunch. It is that good, seriously!!


I left the bread in the egg for a good while to really soak in and it also puffs up much more when frying. Again if you want to go even lower fat, use Fry Light or a similar low fat cooking spray!

 I love mine with raspberries, I also omitted the cinnamon for my portion, are you guessing I'm a bit fussy yet? Everyone else loved the spice on theirs.


What is so good about this is the Orange flavour really shines through, we all eat French toast in the house, but normally as a savoury dish. This tastes like pancakes soaked in orange, the fruit in the bread becomes very juicy and certainly different to how I would normally eat it, that is toasted or with butter.
Its yum and a good two portions of my five a day with the Orange fruit loaf and raspberries too!


French Toast Recipe

Ingredients

  1. 2 free range eggs
  2. 2 tbsp semi skimmed milk
  3. About 1-2 tsp vegetable oil
  4. About 5g small piece low fat butter
  5. 8 slices Warburtons Fruit Loaf with Orange
  6. A pinch of ground cinnamon
  7. About 3 tsp small sprinkling of sugar
  8. 4 handfuls fresh cherries or berries or other fruit, to serve

Method

  1. Directions
  2. 1. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and mix with a fork
  3. 2. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan
  4. 3. Dip a slice of the Warburtons fruit loaf with orange into the egg mixture and put it straight into the pan, depending on the size of the pan you should fit 3 or 4 slices in the pan at one time. Cook for 2 -3 minutes on each side or until cooked and golden
  5. 4. Repeat with the rest of the bread and egg mixture. 
  6. 5. Cut each slice of French Toast in half, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and serve with fresh cherries or other fruit
You can see how the recipe is made by Amanda Grant who has teamed up with Warburtons to bring these low fat and very tasty dishes!




No comments:

Post a Comment