Tuesday, July 10, 2012

#givegirlspower for the Family Planning Summit 11th July

All women should have power to decide when & how many children they have. @number10gov pls #givegirlspower at #fpsummit. Lives depend on it.

I want to get really serious for a moment and ask for your help, all it will be is a little tweet between 11am and 11:10 am on Wednesday. A ten minute window to make some noise!!

Its not for me, I'm one of the lucky women who as a teenager and despite having a very rocky teen life, left home at 16 years and hardly have ever gone back, I realise today I still had choices!
I still had support from family members (Thanks Granny x) and most of all what I think I did not realise until today, I had education, I'm talking sex education.

Sex education informed all of us on not just the mechanics of the act, but about our bodies, how they work, periods, pregnancy, different types of contraceptions.
All choices we could make as young people and on into life!

My daughter who is 17 has I realise the choice and help to walk her teen years without fear and danger, I am lucky, she is lucky, we all need that!

For thousands of young girls, they do not have that choice.

I will leave you with the heartfelt and very emotional Mammasaurus who wants us to use our tweeting power to cry out to David Cameron tomorrow to help these young gils, have a simple, taken for granted choice!!

Please please tweet tommorrow/today and use our choice to make a difference!
You can also sign the petiton which is vital too.


Message from Mamamsaurus "This is what we are trying to get as many people as possible to tweet out in that 10 minute window as possible. If you are online and can RT the tweets that would be epic but if... you have shizzle on and can't or don't want to that's totally cool. I'm scheduling my tweets today ready.

There are teenage girls in Ethiopia desperate to access contraception but they can't. Girls not knowing that sex leads to babies. Girls with no choice. I know loads of you have signed the petition already but if you could spare a tweet as well that would be awesome. I have a daughter of 11 and the thought of her going through pregnancy and labour is just heartbreaking."

If you have no time to watch, here is the tweet you can schedule it if you are out, on Future Tweet, http://futuretweets.com/ just login with Twitter.

Tweet the following at beteen 11am and 11.10am tomorrow, Wednesday 11th July 2012.
All women should have power to decide when & how many children they have. @number10gov pls #givegirlspower at #fpsummit. Lives depend on it.

Please sign the petition : http://givegirlspower.savethechildren.org.uk/action1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment