Monday, July 16, 2012

Alpro Fruity and Creamy



Alpro were at the Cornbury festival I attended as a guest blogger for Ecover, I was so busy the most I managed to do was have a quick chat with one the Alpro guys who were handing out their  Fruity and Creamy yogurts to festival goers.  I never even managed to try one of those, not very good for a die hard sample fiend! Alpro kindly sent me some to try.


I can't believe that I did not pop in as they had a breakfast bar serving yogurt, milk and cereal, yum!


I wish I had gone in their tent as it looks really tasty.


The Alpro company are the pioneers  of plant-based food, drinks, margarine, soya desserts and soya alternatives to yogurt, nuts and milk, their mission statement reads

 “We create delicious, naturally healthy plant-based foods for the maximum wellbeing of everyone and with the utmost respect for our planet"

The products are not just for vegans, vegetarians and people with dietary concerns, they are for people just wanting to make a healthier choice maybe for weight loss, wanting just to eat a more balanced diet, or looking to make the world a more sustainable place to live in.

The power of plant-based eating is a fast-growing trend. In fact,more people than ever are starting to cut down on meat and dairy foods and make healthier, plant-based swaps.

In fact, four out of 10 of us are eating more vegetables, fruits and plant-based foods than we were a year ago. And six out of 10 of us are eating more of these types of foods than we were five years ago.
People of all age groups are fuelling this trend, although it is  younger consumers – those aged between 18 and 30 – who are looking to change their diets and turn to alternative eating regimes in the greatest numbers.

An independent survey* commissioned by Alpro revealed that more than half of 18 to 30 year
olds have added more vegetables, fruits and plant based foods to their diets in the last year.


All very well, but the proof is in the pudding don't you know, so what do the Fruity and Creamy taste like.

Well very good, I struggled to believe they are plant based, the texture, look and most importantly taste is creamy, the fruit pieces, particularly for me the cherry flavour were fresh tasting. Chris described it as being like a luxury dessert, creamy tasting, he also tried to differentiate between other yogurts and said if anything they were nicer.
Conor the true yogurt consumer, had one without asking ( a common complaint for a blogger is the family polish off products for review before I can try them!!) I asked him what he thought and he said the fruity bits were the best, I asked could he tell it was a plant based product, "Really, no, it was better than some you usually buy".

So to make a change to eating alternatives to dairy, is made easier by the fact it tastes so good. These will be going in my basket!

http://www.alpro.com/uk

No comments:

Post a Comment