Thursday, April 12, 2012

aerolatte® The Patriotic Way to Froth Your Morning Cappuccino







 Being a fussy sort of person when it comes to drinking out at cafes, I tend to stick to tea or coffee, regular as it comes and occasionally will have a sip of Chris's espresso if I need an energy boost.

The different frappes, lattes and mochachocha latino oojamawhatsits always look exciting but being a little careful not to waste money on a drink I may not like, (Chris calls this tight!!!) I tend to stick with what I know.
Now being the year of all things British I am going to be covering a few Jubilee and Olympics products and one that has recently arrived is an aerolatte used to froth all manner of drinks and appropriately one with a Union Jack design.

So now is my chance to not only admire the patriotic gadget but make some of those drinks I gaze at in my own home.
Its a battery operated whisk, which comes in its own carry case. I am sensing a chance to make cold drinks out at picnics and bbq's (Union Jack themed BBQ review coming soon)


Firstly I started with a frothy coffee I warmed the milk and meanwhile made a coffee. I used the new Carte Noire Instinct. Once the milk was heated, I just started to whisk the hot milk, keeping the whisk at the bottom and gradually bringing around the sides and up to the top. The milk takes on a creamy texture and there is a nice pile of froth.


 Now I had a few mishaps with keeping the froth, but finally managed it by holding it back in the jug with a spoon, then adding to the top of the drink.


I enjoyed the taste and am keen to try a few more recipes especially the cold thick shakes in  the summer



After use the aerolatte washes easily, and pops back into its case. A few more weeks and I will know all the barista  moves and thankfully know which coffees to try at the cafes.

The Union Jack aerolatte® is the perfect way to create your morning cappuccino or caffe latte. Simply fill a tall mug one third full with milk, heat to 60°c, then place the frother into the mug holding it as close to the base as possible. Whisk for 15-20 seconds slowly moving the frother around the side of the mug, as the milk thickens slowly raise the forther ensuring its still just under the top of the froth. If coffee isn’t your thing, then why not use the aerolatte® to make scrumptious hot chocolate? You can either make your hot chocolate first and then froth for a foamy top or forth the milk and then stir the drinking chocolate in.




The Union Jack aerolatte frother can also be used to make cold drinks. For the perfect chocolate milk shake add drinking chocolate or chocolate syrup to ice cold milk. Forth to a thick foam and then for an added touch of luxury add a scoop of ice cream. If you love frappes in the summer but want to save your pennies then put the aerolatte to good use, forget the milk, simply combine instant coffee granules with sugar and ice cold water and froth to a rich foamy drink.

To help you recreate that authentic coffee shop feel, areolatte  also have a stencil set and a shaker tin. The stencil set has six designs including a swirl, face, leaf and heart and are easy to use. Simply place over your finished coffee and then use the shaker tin to sprinkle either cocoa or cinnamon on the top.

The Union Jack Aerolatte is available from www.johnlewis.com priced £20

No comments:

Post a Comment