Sunday, April 29, 2012

Beef Goulash Slow Cooker

Yuck the weather is atrocious and this is when a slow cooker brings me cheer, not just the meal itself, but the whole aroma gently caught throught the house all day long.

This recipe has been added for Slow Cooker Sunday, it was made to add to the blog later, but I love this idea of sharing.

. Pop on over to Mediocre Mum's blog to check out the #scsunday recipes this week and even dip into the previous recipes, some fab ideas!


Goulash  can be cooked in the oven as well as slow cooker, its nice served with mash , jackets, rice or as I did savoy cabbage and lovely shaped pasta. I love finding slimming world beef recipes or adapting ones I google, this is a goulash from my old school recipe book

 I use 4 teaspoons of paprika as I like heat, if you just want a paprika flavour stick with two teaspoons. The sweet paprika does give it a lift too.

I recently dropped to a size 8 after pushing at size 14 on Slimming World where food is not controlled by portion size, so a Slimming World  beef goulash is ideal. So if the below looks a little different for a goulash, the extra veg were added to speed weight loss.

1 tbs oil or spray of choice.‎
500g lean braising steak diced
2 onions, roughly chopped
400g mushrooms sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
2-4 tsp Paprika
1 tsp sweet paprika (optional)
1 red pepper, 1 green pepper (optional)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 Knorr beef stock cubes
250 ml boiling water
Salt and Pepper
Spray a frying pan with Fry Light if on Slimming World, I used 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil as my Healthy Extra B

When hot add the beef and fry to seal and brown, leave on a plate if using a slow cooker.

Fry the onions for a few minutes to soften, adding the crushed garlic for last 1-2 minutes. Add to the slow cooker with all the other ingredients, meat last Add the boiling water to the stock cube. Season.

Cook on low for 6 -7 hours, high for at least 2-4 or Gas mark 3 170c for 2 1/2 hours
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment