Thursday, June 2, 2011

‘Cooks by Gordon Ramsay’ Waffle Maker




Now I'm known for talking lots of waffle but can I cook them, well I have never tried but when Cooks by Gordon Ramsay offered me a Waffle Maker, I did not swear at them, I politely accepted.

What I love first is the very good price for the machine, its RRP is around £40 but I saw it on Amazon for a little over £30, so a great prezzie for food lovers and the gadget fiend too.

What I did not love was the lack of a recipe, as I said I have never made a waffle, I sort of feel that Gordon could well should have done a little recipe book with basic recipe and then a few fancier ideas.

I had a google to find one which proved easy enough as is the recipe

250g (9 oz) plain flour
1 dessertspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 teaspoon salt
450ml (16 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add milk, eggs and oil; mix well.

You have to wait for the waffle maker to heat up and the light indicator lets you know when to go.
The rotating action ensures even cooking, but you just have to flip it over, I half expected the batter to pour out when I turned the handle but it was fine.

I left my batter a while as I do for Yorkshire puddings, not sure if that helped but my first attempt was good.

Its another of those fab gadgets that get the whole family all gathered round much like the little green aliens in Toy Story all making "oooh" sounds.
A very tasty treat made easily.
I have seen a few poor reviews about handles, I have made waffles a number of times and it seems fine to me. In fact very sturdy.

Its non stick so easy to clean, I just need to make sure I use it lots as I always worry items like this languish in cupboards.


Cooking has always been Gordon Ramsay’s passion, but once he leaves behind the high octane energy of the professional kitchen, he likes to slow down a little and enjoys cooking for family and friends. Gordon is also a great advocate of everyday cooking for all - and his new ‘Cooks by Gordon Ramsay’ range offers some great kitchen products with added little extras, to help you prepare delicious home-cooked food quickly and easily. When it comes to cooking and entertaining then ‘Cooks by Gordon Ramsay’ also has it covered with a fantastic array of products that will have you whipping up great food for family and friends to share.

If snacks are on the menu, why not make your favourite waffle recipes with the professional waffle maker which boasts a 180° rotation feature for even cooking? In a sleek stainless finish with neon power and ready-to-use lights. It has non-stick cooking plates for easy removal of cooked waffles and cleaning.








No comments:

Post a Comment