Monday, June 6, 2011

New Covent Garden Food Company Soup of the Month - The Bloody Mary


If you remember I live a stones throw across a road and field from the New Covent Garden Food Company factory, when the wind is right the aroma of soups cooking gets us all very hungry. Every now and then I catch a whiff of leeks, spices, tomato soup and occasionally a gorgeous chicken soup. I am sure I spend more money on their soup because I can smell it and know just how fresh it really is.
This month, I was hoping to catch a sniff of  the new but exciting aroma of tomato and vodka....yes vodka!! Their Soup of the Month is
Alas I caught the tomato scent but not the vodka, I contented myself knowing New Covent Garden were sending me the Soup of the Month to try.
I have to confess I'm not a huge lover of tomato soup in the main, possibly as its never been served as a fresh soup.

Yet I adore tomato in all forms as a base in stews, curry's and pasta sauces. One favourite lunch is grilled fresh tomatoes on toast. I think I eat them every day in some shape or form and more than often two meals a day. But the soup just does not get me!

Knowing that I have liked each and every soup they have sent me, I was keen to see if I would like a less favoured flavour.
I did not fancy it cold but its recommended I know it will be loved by fans of the original cocktail.
I served mine heated with a tomato and herb foccacia, perfect for this dismal June wet and windy, cold weather and I was won over!!

I love the spicy bite to the soup, the tomato is not too sweet a recipe, I liked the Tabasco and I could taste my loved Worcestershire sauce and what must be the vodka. Its warming, spicy and comforting. I am won over by a Soup of the Month yet again.

Anyone for cocktails? Turn your lunch break into cocktail hour – try new Bloody Mary soup with a splash of vodka.

This June, New Covent Garden have created their first ever alcoholic soup in the form of Bloody Mary. The soup is a take on the classic brunch cocktail famed for its tomato base and punchy seasoning, and can be served hot or cold.

The soup comprises an appetising blend of full flavoured plum tomatoes whizzed up with garlic, onions, celery and a good slug of both Worcester and hot pepper sauce to give it that Bloody Mary kick!

Available in all major supermarkets during June, priced around £2.20 – perfect for lunch, brunch or cocktail hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment