Thursday, June 16, 2011

Retardex Toothpaste Review.


Dog Breath!!! Not the nicest term in the world but the comparison does seem to suit the condition when a person has bad breath. I worry about it, I'm sure I'm not alone,  I gave up smoking a few years ago and worry about it more now, I think my breath probably just smelt of cigarettes then as well as sadly my skin and hair. Now its bare for all the world to smell and I often hope its OK as I lean in to talk to somebody.

Let’s face it, smelly breath isn’t nice! So many of us suffer from it and don’t even realise!! Think about it for a minute, would you tell a friend they had bad breath? It’s a fact that 9 out of 10 of us suffer from bad breath at one time or another.


And bad breath can have more far-reaching repercussions than making us feel smelly or dirty. Bad breath can have a detrimental effect on important things in our life including relationships with family, friends, partners and even colleagues.


Check your breath is in the clear today. A handy tip is to lick the inside of your wrist and let it dry – if it doesn’t smell too fresh, then neither does your breath!


Recently I reviewed Retardex Mouth spray and know it works really well keeping my mouth smelling good, then I was offered the toothpaste that is proven to eliminate bad breath.

I took a look at the  Retardex site first to see what causes bad breath  and apart from tooth decay and gum disease, I read that "even  in the cleanest mouth there are both good and bad bacteria. These bacteria live off food debris and dead skin cells. If these bacteria multiply as a result of feeding off food debris and skin cells, they break-down, creating odour-causing compounds called Volatile Sulphur Compounds (VSC) plus other noxious smelling gases.


The VSC are the most important of these gases and it is these sulphurous-smelling gases (VSC) that we know of as bad breath or 'halitosis'."


Ewww, so OK I know that we all have bad breath moments and using a spray can help freshen, mouthwash I already know can just mask the cause but  Retardex have products to eliminate this cause not just freshen and clean like my usual toothpaste.

 
I have been trialling  the Retardex Toothpaste for a week, it has a  patented ingredient CloSYS II in RetarDEX which actually breaks the molecular bond of the VSC to destroy them on contact.
Its a strong minty taste almost like chewing mint leaves, I've found and not sure if this is intended but the taste remains but not in an overpowering sweet toothpaste more in a warm herbal taste.

I have tried the wrist licking (try saying that when you've had a glass of wine!!) test throughout the day and I'm happy to say my breath is fresh.

The toothpaste also has a low level of abrasiveness due to the silica polishers used, providing safe and gentle whitening and restoring teeth to their natural whiteness within 14 days.

Still hoping that is the case as my teeth have never been white even as a child.
My only issue with the range is a silly one but I'm not keen on the name, it does not sound like an oral care range, but hey the ones that do don't eliminate bad breath so I can live with it.
The toothpaste is widely available it's more expensive than a usual tube, but for what it does, above and beyond ordinary toothpaste you may want to invest in some.
Go on lick your wrist and see!!

RetarDEX Oral Rinse costs £5.10 (250ml) and £8.15 (500ml) and is available from Boots and selected Sainsburys, Tesco, Waitrose, Booths, Morrisons, Superdrug, Ocado.com and all good pharmacies and dental surgeries.

RetarDEX Toothpaste costs £6.15 (75ml) and is available from Boots and selected Waitrose, Tesco, Booths, Ocado.com and all good pharmacies and dental surgeries.


RetarDEX Oral Spray costs £3.05 (10.4ml) and is available from Boots and selected Sainsburys, Tesco, Waitrose, Booths, Ocado.com and all good pharmacies and dental surgeries.

http://www.periproducts.co.uk/retardex.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment