Monday, August 1, 2011

JAMIE OLIVER'S QUALITY COOKED MEATS REVIEW

JAMIE OLIVER LAUNCHES QUALITY COOKED MEATS


I like many people really have a lot of time for Jamie Oliver, he is passionate about eating well, you see it right through all he does, the  School Dinner series, his restaurants, his part in the Chickenout campaign, not to mention his cookery series and books.

So when he is involved in promoting or putting his name to a food product, I know its good. His pasta sauces, pasta and herbs are all of the finest quality I have found and we regularly eat them.
So when I was asked to sample the new cooked meats I buttered my baguette faster than you could say "pukka"

The first one I had to try was the  My Favourite Essex Cured Ham, this is everything you imagine good ham to be off the bone lovely and succulent but not soggy, a good dryish meat, perfectly flavoured and has to be the best packet ham I have tried in a long while.
Great with egg and chips, fabulous in a soft crusty roll. A mouthwatering ham.

The My Perfectly Spiced Jerk Ham was a strange one for me, I love Jerk seasoning as any of you who know reading my blog, I have a few recipes on here. But never thought of it as a ham flavour, but it so works, its spicy, slightly sweet fantastic with mild cheese, a lovely salsa in a wholemeal roll.
I may be trying this in a pasta bake soon.

The My Beautiful Pink Salt Beef with Peppery Mustard Crust is exactly that...beautiful, again its soft succulent and delicate. Its perfect with a dollop of cream cheese on a bagel which is how I ate it.

I am very impressed with Jamie's newest additions and can't wait for the next foods to be chosen.
After the success of his range of sausages and bacon, Jamie Oliver has developed a range of four quality cooked meats, using Freedom Food Outdoor-bred British pork and Farm Assured British beef.  The range includes traditional cured ham and pink salt beef and each meat has been developed by Jamie to bring something different and exciting to the cold meats counter.
With summer on the way, these meats will provide a delicious addition to salads,picnics, or simply as a sandwich or baguette filling.

The range consists of:

·        My Favourite Essex Cured Ham,made using top-quality Freedom Food outdoor-bred British pork.  Cured ham has long been a personal favourite of Jamie’s and he’s taken the flavour and amazing, crumbly texture up a level with his own unique cure.

·        My Perfectly Spiced Jerk Ham,which combines Freedom Food outdoor-bred British pork with Jamie’s wicked combination of jerk seasonings – chilli, garlic, nutmeg, clove and thyme.  The ham has been deeply scored so that the jerk flavour can really penetrate the meat.

·        My Deliciously Sweet Roasted Marmalade Ham is another deeply scored ham which has then been glazed with bittersweet orange marmalade and roasted to develop a delicious, zesty flavour.

·        My Beautiful Pink Salt Beef with Peppery Mustard Crust, made from beautifully tender British silverside beef which has been cured with spiced brine and cooked until just perfectly pink –just how salt beef should be.

Jamie’s cooked meats will initially be available from Tesco stores from May and the RRP is £2.79 for 100g of ham and 90g of beef.

Freedom Foods
All the products in the Jamie Oliver Cooked Meats range have been produced under the RSPCA’s Freedom Foods farm assurance scheme.  Freedom Foods is the only farm assurance scheme in the UK which focuses solely on improving the welfare of farm animals reared for food.  The scheme covers every stage of a farm animal’s life; from space, food and water to its psychological needs, governed by strict and compulsory RSPCA standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment