Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Princes Peach Slices Recipe - Peach and Coconut Crumble

 

Princes have been in my food cupboards since I was first shopping and cooking and cooking, they were a childhood staple too. From corned beef, I remember when it was the only available brand, to tuna. Pineapple chunks to cans of tomatoes. 

As you are used to my little history lessons here goes  

Founded in 1880 by Simpson & Roberts, Princes has grown from being an importer of canned fish into a leading food and drink supplier with products ranging from fruit juice, canned meat, fish, fruit and vegetables to microwave meals and sandwich spreads. Their commitment to delicious, good quality food remains at the heart of everything they do.


We were often served Princes peach slices for tea, I mostly passed on these as I was never keen on the sweetness of the syrup, I 'm more a savoury girl and eat a lot of my fruit fresh, frozen or tinned unsweetened.

 I was sent the Princes Peach Slices in grape juice, and I must say this variety is more appealing to my taste buds.  

I wanted to steer away from the tinned fruit and cream dessert there is so much more you can make with tined fruit especially useful if in a rush or the fruit you like is not in season, so decided on this lovely pudding which I knew would appeal to my family. I omitted the almonds as I'm not so keen.


Its such an easy and quick recipe to make, one that all the ingredients can be to hand and so handy if guests pop over.
Don't you think the peaches look pretty in my heart shaped dish?

 
Princes Peach and Coconut Crumble
The official photo

Princes Peach and Coconut Crumble

This delicious crumble provides a twist on the classic recipe. Substitute the peaches for another fruit from our range to vary the flavour.
  • Serves: 6

Ingredients

  • 1x 415g can Princes Peach Slices in grape juice

  • 100g plain flour

  • 2 tablespoons caster sugar

  • 50g cold butter, chopped

  • 50g shredded coconut

  • 50g flaked almonds

How to make it

1. Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
2. Place the peaches with half of their juice in a shallow 28cm round ovenproof dish.
3. Place the flour and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
4. Add the butter and use your fingertips to rub it into the flour mixture.
5. Add the coconut and the almonds and stir to combine.
6. Spoon on top of the peaches and bake for 40 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve warm with ice cream or custard.

It was a thumbs up all round, a fast, easy and super tasty pud.


For more great ideas and to see the full range of Princes foods visit


1 comment: