Thursday, August 25, 2011

Radius Mouth Brush


I must admit to being a little overawed by the size of the head on the Radius Toothbrush I decided to trial this month. It seemed to me just off the size of a baby's hairbrush, I realised I was overestimating the size but its such a size difference from a normal brush.

I actually use an electric toothbrush but alternate with a manual, so I decided to skip both and trial the Radius for one week as challenged by mypure who I'm reviewing the brush for.
First I will give you the company's information so you can hear what they say.

Radius make a range of tooth brushes from sustainable materials with unique ergonomic designs. Each brush lasts up to 9 months and has 300% more bristles than a standard brush to keep your whole mouth clean. Clever handle design encourages brushing with just the right amount of pressure and reduces enamel erosion. 



Radius brushes are made in the USA where they have had a cult following since 1982. They are approved by the American Dental Association and fans include Sting, Cher & Martha Stewart!

The Radius Benefits:

1) Ergonomic handles are easy to grip and distribute pressure lightly and evenly over the gums. They also encourage brushing at the 45 degree angle recommended by dentists.

2) Radius brushes have up to 300% more bristles than a regular toothbrush.

3) The bristles are much softer & finer and they reach further down into the gap between the teeth & gums.

4) The wide head brushes teeth and massages gums at the same time.

5) Radius bristles do not absorb water and they last up to 3 times longer as a result. Radius brushes need to be replaced every 9 months instead of 3!


So how did I get on?

Well my first brushing one evening was slightly off putting. I had no issue with brushing the front of my mouth and my molars, when it came to my back teeth, I found the brush large and ended up gagging a little.
I found that just moving to another area for a moment, then going back did the trick in finishing. This became easier over the week. I love the handle it enables you to rest your thumb and the comfort I'm sure also adds to me not applying too much pressure when brushing.

After one week my teeth feel good, the brushing is easier, I do have one corner where I have to think before applying the brush as I still can gag, but if I think about it I can angle the brush to prevent it.

It does give a really good mouth clean, similar to when you leave the dentist, its also made me realise that a soft head can clean as effectively as a medium or hard bristle.

£9.99
http://www.mypure.co.uk/radius-b164/original-toothbrush-right-hand-p1498

No comments:

Post a Comment