Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ecover Wear and Care



I take part in Magpie Mondays a fab blogging idea where you post your bargains.  recently came up with some bargains on EBay, brand new designer tees for my teens at a fraction of the price, this suits me as I love a bargain.

When they arrive  I like to look after my purchases and get the longest wear out of them too. Call me tight, frugal but I hate waste.

I am a bit fussy when it comes to laundry, all items are sorted into the right colours, my meltdown comes if I fine a stray black sock in my white washing. I handwash a few items as I find they are better that way.


Chris jokes I'm borderline OCD as I have to hang my washing so that it looks nice on the line. I start with the small items, then up in size order to large items.

If he puts out the washing, I go out and change it... I know madness and yes I have a life!!

My quandary came when I recently decided to have  a rotary and I'm still trying to get over that I now have no uniformity in the hanging!! It will come though, Mwhahah!

Before you throw your hands up at this seemingly waste of time, in my defence, I'm not like this with any other household task.  I am not sure where this idiosyncrasy came about, but it soothes me to see a good pattern on a line!

I'm careful too with the upkeep of my clothes, dark washing does not go out into full sun as its the equivalent of wearing and washing for a year. A black T shirt can become grey and washed out looking on a hot sunny day in a few short hours.
Whites however if not left long really whiten up.
Ecover have a Wear and Care campaign and it fits with how I feel about my families wardrobe. There products  keep the clothes soft and as cared for as I want them to be.
But any washing powderor liquid has to clean as well, I used Ecover  for the last  few weeks. I had great results, the best being on a few white pillowcases that somehow got covered in a green dye. I discovered the cause is a water pipe that has a copper stain and somebody (who won't own up!!) had picked up the cases and dropped them on the wrong shelf near the pipe.
I was pleased to say it came out and on a low temperature too.
It also removed grass stains from shorts worn at the park this weekend and removed my new chicken Kadahi recipe (see the Mighty Spice Cook book post here) which left its mark on a top, so all in all Ecover is working out great for me.
Recycling newspapers, reusing shopping bags and refilling empties are all part of everyday family life.  And now it’s time to add Wear and Care to your list – but we promise, this will make your life easier and make you feel good too!

We all know that laundry can be a chore, especially when you have a whole family’s worth of clothes to keep clean week-in, week-out. Did you know that the average family of four washes at least four laundry loads each week? That’s over 208 loads every year! All that water, energy and electricity – not to mention your time and hard work getting it all done.

So why not make it a little bit easier? This is the deal - you and your family wear your favourite clothes time and time again, whilst Ecover cares for your clothes, your family’s skin and the world around…sound easy?

Wear and Care is all about helping to keep your family’s clothes softer, cleaner and brighter while providing peace of mind that there are no nasty and unnecessary chemicals entering your family’s world – because let’s face it, there’s enough drama to worry about without laundry being another one to add to the list!

Wear and Care is backed by eco-fashion designer Ada Zanditon, who believes not only in sourcing sustainable materials to manufacture clothes, but also in caring for your clothes to help them last longer while caring for the world around you.

Ecover has a whole basket of laundry products that not only help to ensure you and your kids can wear their favourite clothes time and again, but will also help to care for them by remaining kind to their skin and their environment:
·         Concentrated Laundry Liquid – packs enough punch to get your kids’ clothes clean and ready for the next adventure
·         Concentrated Bio and Non-Bio Powders – developed to perform at 30°C, meaning you can turn down the temperature without turning down performance, plus you’ll use less energy to keep your clothes clean
·         Fabric Softener – natural fragrances and plant based ingredients keep your family’s clothes smelling fresh whilst being gentle on soft skin
·         Delicate Laundry Liquid – perfect for finer fabrics and hand washing your favourite pieces (because it’s not all about the kids clothes!)
·         Stain Remover – our mighty stain buster comes to the rescue to banish everything from mud and grass stains to tomato sauce
Now it’s even easier to get hold of Ecover’s laundry range through our new online store. Visit www.ecoverdirect.com to start Wearing and Caring for your family’s clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment