Sunday, July 17, 2011

Slimming World Quiche Recipe


Having a fab time on the Slimming World eating Plan, just had lunch and eaten  several pieces of this quiche, I can honestly say, I'm never hungry and the weight keeps falling off, so while I'm on the eating plan I thought I would share a few of the easy slimming world recipes and also how I adapt some from the foods and recipe books I review.

This is perfect for that quiche fix but without the fat content of the pastry. Its syn free on Extra Easy
This quiche made with cottage cheese as I have done the slimming world quiche is often made using Quark. I chose cottage cheese as its my all time favourite food, whether eating healthily or not, I adore it.


There are so many variations to this dish, I made as it is and poured into a large quiche dish. It works very well as slimming world mini quiches in muffin tins, if they are silicon even better. You can line the moulds with proscuttio or thin ham, this holds makes the quiche easier to hold and ideal served cold for packed lunches and picnics.
500g tub of cottage cheese or quark
Fry Light
Several slices of bacon all fat removed chopped
1 onion finely chopped
100g mushrooms chopped.
Tomato slices to  decorate.

Fry the bacon mushrooms and onions in the Fry Light until onion softened and bacon nearly cooked.
Add the tub of cottage cheese to the eggs and whisk until well blended. I used a hand blender to make a smoother mixture.
Add the other ingredients, pour into the quiche dish.
Bake in the oven Gas Mark 6 200C (Fan 180c) for 25-30 minutes.

Serve immediately.

Variations
I use  ham, peppers, broccoli, courgettes, salmon or try your own favourite quiche filling.
 A healthy Extra 42g Parmesan or grated low fat cheddar can be added for a cheesier flavour, counted as your daily healthy extra A food or 6 syns per 42g.

No comments:

Post a Comment