Monday, July 18, 2011

Schwartz Perfect Shake Chinese 5 Spice Pork Stir Fry



As you know Schwartz offered to spice up my dishes with their range, also adopting a more healthy eating plan with the help of Slimming World  so the next dish I've made gives me the flavour I need and the free foods I want. If you are familiar with Slimming World you will know that you can have oil as a Healthy Extra B or if you want to save that for bread or cereal you can use Frylight with this recipe.
All Schwartz Perfect Shake blends are free foods also.


So tasty is this stir fry, I've made it twice with oil the first time and then with Fry light, this time, it really looks yummy doesn't it?

Its simple ingredients and fast cooking appeal to me when I am in a rush but still want to cook a homemade meal.

The taste is perfect. I did cook the pork for longer than the recipe states before adding the other ingredients, I estimate about 5-8 minutes more.
As with the Schwartz Jamaican Jerk Blend I used  in my first recipe here the flavours are natural, well balanced and fresh.

Be sure to give these a go, they are great for enlivening meat and vegetables and very healthy too. There are some fab recipes to try too.

http://www.schwartz.co.uk

Chinese 5 Spice Special Blend, with it’s special blend of 5 classic spices, garlic and pepper, adds a delicious and distinctive flavour to this pork and vegetable stir fry.

Chinese 5 Spice Pork Stir Fry

1 tbs oil
400g (14oz) pork loin steaks, cut into strips
1 onion, thickly sliced
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 green pepper, cut into chunks
1 tbs Schwartz Perfect Shake Chinese 5 Spice Special Blend
2 tbs light soy sauce
250g (9oz) easy cook long-grain rice
Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan and stir fry the pork and onion for 4-5 minutes.
Add the peppers, Chinese 5 Spice and soy sauce and stir fry for a further 3 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
Serve the rice immediately in large bowls, topped with the pork stir fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment