Monday, July 11, 2011

Schwartz Perfect Shakes Review


I was very excited to receive an email saying Schwartz had found my blog and wondered if they could help me with any of my cooking posts.
As you know from before I am a complete glutton when it comes to buying new spices. I have a huge basket full and need a bigger one, its overflowing!!
Most of my dishes are one offs as I throw in spices and experiment to see what works. only I forget what I make, must start writing it down. The family walk in and say what are you making and I say its nameless, I'm experimenting again, must be good because Paige always shouts "Yes love your concoctions!" when I tell her this. Chris murmurs pleasure and Conor generally says "Good hurry up then!"
Sometimes though its lovely just to have ready made spice ingredients and Schwartz have helped me here as they have created some blends called Perfect Shakes so I can have an instant seasoning formula.


Problem is which one to choose?


 I decided to start with the Jamaican Jerk as I had lots of fresh ingredients that would work. This particular one is from the Special Blend for World Flavours

I'm also on Slimming World at the moment and doing really well, I put on weight slowly after quitting the evil cigarettes a few years back and just needed to get a healthier eating plan more than a diet something for life and its incredibly good to do if you like cooking.

 I need to have spicy foods to keep me happy eating healthily and some diets leave you with bland steamed and grilled foods, complete with dull salads.
Using Schwartz Perfect Shakes (these are free foods if you are on the plan) certainly pack flavour into a meal, also making  this a fat free tasty alternative to  usual Jerk chicken meals I make fried in lots of oil.


I marinated the chicken in a large dose of the Jamaican Jerk blend and while that was seasoning......


I sliced thinly red and white onions, celery, peppers, mushrooms, red chilli ( I like heat) and cut several large tomatoes into rough wedges.
I fried the chicken  until sealed and mostly cooked, adding the vegetables according to cooking times.
 Finally adding the tomatoes, frying until the tomatoes broke down a little then cooking on low with a lid. It was simple quick and the taste was so fresh and an authentic jerk taste!

I'm already planning a Chinese Pork Stir Fry using the Chines 5 Spice blend, stay tuned, it will be on my plates and blog  this week.

What I like is that you can grab a few fresh ingredients and have a new taste in a shake...literally, so easy, Schwartz are so innovative with their new additions and I love popping onto their website to see what they are cooking up next, there are some great tips for healthy eating and recipes on the site, take a look when you next need inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment