Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A'kin Hair Care Ylang Ylang Natural Shampoo


As you will have read maybe just before this post I am a lucky blogger indeed as I have been chosen as  a regular reviewer for mypure  I pounced on the shampoos as I explained before we have combination hair in the family, there are usually three shampoo bottles and two conditioners in the house, I have just had my hair highlighted for my holiday last week, so after trialling the A'Kin Hair Care Lemongrass for oily hair (read the review here), I needed to swap to one for my new colour.

I have been using the A'kin Ylang Ylang shampoo formulated for coloured hair. The shampoo range is formulated to work differently from most other shampoos. A'Kin say
"The sophisticated combinations of cleansers leave your hair feeling beautiful and extra clean, whilst retaining the essential natural oils and moisture.
Many others use harsh sulfate and ethoxylate cleansing agents which excessively strip the hair of its own moisture and then re-surface the hair shaft with synthetic chemical coating agents in an effort to replace lost shine and body. All shampoos are hypo-allergenic matching the skins natural pH. They are mild as possible on the skin and eyes and also extremely economical"
I read the info for the colour treated specific shampoo and it contains coconut glutamate specifically for colour maintenance, this reassured me as I always use a shampoo for coloured hair as usual shampoos dull the colour very quickly.


Two weeks on, my colour is radiant and my hair is shiny, moist and in great condition. Added to this the fabulous aroma of herbs, coconut and ylang ylang flowers its a very nice experience. If you want to get away from harsh chemicals but are worrying that natural products have not got the "bottle" I can reassure you my blonder moments will be nice and shiny for a while based on the last 10 washes.

225 ml costs £10.49

No comments:

Post a Comment