Monday, September 6, 2010

Badger Balms Healthy Body Care - Badger Balm Cuticle Care



"Badger makes USDA certified Organic Products. We are also a healing line. Healing as in: fresh air, sunlight, a cooling breeze and the kind thoughts of a good friend. These are simply ways of restoring balance. And that's the way our products work."

With this statement on Badge Balm's Facebook page, I was keen to try out some of the range.
I like the idea of restoring balance it sounds harmonious and definitely speaks to me about healing and regeneration.

I was sent Badger Cuticle Care Balm, Badger Foot Balm and Badger Lip Care stick. I will review them individually in separate posts.

I love the word balm the dictionary definition states
noun. aromatic resin; soothing ointment; healing or consoling influence; aromatic herb, especially producing balm.

It sounds soothing and calming somehow, definitely a nice relaxing, restoring word, so I was expectant of the little tins and stick I received.

Firstly I dealt with a need, I am not always one for my cuticle care, they seem to be fine all by themselves without my intervention, I use a good amount of hand cream so I believe this aids the softness, but in summer they do seem to be drier, particularly my thumbnail cuticles, not sure why really. I have had a nuisance sore piece on my thumb and very red so this was to be the tester.






It is in a small cute tin, with an adorable  badger on the front holding out his paws no doubt to display his cuticles!!!!

All the Badger products are and more importantly are 100%organic.
  The Cuticle Care balm has fragrant rosemary to increase circulation to the nail bed, encouraging strong, healthy nail growth, whilst Shea Butter, Castor and Olive oil sooth and restore red or dry cuticles.

The tin is a perfect size for me, I like the smallness of it perfect for popping into my handbag and using frequently. Bigger jars of cream sometimes get forgotten  by me but as I am forever rooting about in my bag, I found I used it lots. It opens and closes well, very secure.


As you open the tin there is a strong lemony fragrance (note my fave scent appearing again) and yes checking the ingredients there is lemongrass listed along with geranium, seabuckthorn mandarin, ginger and cardamom.

Its a lovely golden thick balm inside, reminds me of beeswax polish and and coincidentally that is also an ingredient. its much softer that I expected and so I don't have to press to hard to get a dab.

I applied as a paste to my hands at first, in hindsight I found that a bit too heavy, making it a little greasy to the touch and I hate that feel on my hands.


I found that if I got a very small dot of balm and smoothed between my palms first then rubbed in, this worked much better.
Its still a tad greasy but as long as you use it well before needing to use your hands it does soak in. Oh and a tip, try leaving in the fridge on a hot day its very cooling.

A fortnights use has left my cuticles in good repair, softer in fact my hands are good too. The offending sore cuticle on my thumb was soothed and gradually over days became softened and back to normal. I reckon this would be good all over the body as it is an all natural product and certainly made my hands soft,but like the badger on the tin I am keeping it for my claws and they certainly look good. 

RRP £4.49
Stockist Waitrose and John Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment