Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Find It Sports Review Totally addictive!!



Simple things please simple minds and my simple mind loved the new Find It Sports Version I was sent to play with erm I mean review.

Its a fab addition to any family's board game collection, new from University Games

Its a seriously addictive and unique challenge for the whole family. The sealed transparent plastic tube contains 43 hidden objects buried within a sea of colourful plastic pellets.

The sound when you shake it, reminds me of maracas or a kaleidoscope, the pellets look similar to hundreds and thousands, nestled within are the objects you have to find.

Play alone or with friends, everyone will enjoy spinning it, shaking it and twisting it until all the objects are found.
The names of all the hidden items are printed on the top of the Find It tube and you can tick them off on the enclosed checklist pad as you unearth them.

Its self-contained nature means that Find It never needs setting up and putting away, making it ideal to play anywhere: at home, in the office or on your travels.

I have to admit to sitting on my own when it arrived looking for the pieces. I found  quite a few.
But the one I wanted to spot most of all is the coin, mentioned as the penny on the Find It site.


This is what they say

We do put a real penny in every game.  Try this, it may help.  Hold the game down by your side and shake it really fast end to end. (think centrifugal force). 
The pellets in the middle of the tube will begin to separate to create a cavity and the penny will begin to rise.  Then hold the game horizontally and slowly rotate the cylinder over, keeping an eye out for the penny. 
This is the best way we have found to see that illusive penny, but is not a guaranteed one.  It is just plain hard!  Good luck and be sure to register online once you find it!

Now I tried all ways to find it, I got very excited at one point as I thought I had, but when I went to register my find on the website, I discovered the penny has a date on it, mine had not.
I looked through the list and was gutted to find the penny was indeed a hockey puck. maybe someday.

There are many games you can actually play with other people if they can wrench it from my grasp.


Time yourself to see how long it takes to find all the items (This is very hard, we have not found them all yet)

See how many items you can find in a set amount of time
Find the letters alphabetically (Kids & Deluxe versions)
Spell words
Practice for a spelling test
Find the objects alphabetically
Look up and find fun facts of all the animals (Zoo, Beach & Bird versions)
Write a story with the objects you find in 5 minutes in the order you found them (Good fun)

Other ways to play the game:
Speed Rounds: Use a timer and see how many items you can find in 30 seconds or other amounts of time.
Rewards: Assign each item a monetary amount (or use a point system) and see how many items you can find within 30 seconds.
Story Time: Also using a timer everyone can take turns telling a story for each item they find. At the end whoever remembers the most items from someones story wins.
Find the Letter: Decide on a letter and see how many items you can find that start with that letter.

 
 
So many things attract me to Find It! Its fun, its tidy if you are worried about all those little pieces, as its a sealed unit there are no bits escaping and getting lost down the sofa. You can play anywhere, I can see this being good for a car journey. There are different ways to play it, good for little ones with spelling, identifying objects in a group etc.

I certainly would like other games in the Find It collection, there are some lovely ones including a new Glitz and Glamour Version designed for girls. I would like to get one for my little cousin.
 
Really an ideal game for the family and an ideal Christmas present for any age.


 Find It! can be bought at Tescos, ToysRUs, Amazon etc

No comments:

Post a Comment