Monday, September 27, 2010

Chocolate by Trish Deseine Review and Chocolate Cake Recipe


If you are anything like me you adore chocolate, if you are not all the more for me!!
Don't go away as you will find here an easy chocolate cake with the best ever chocolate taste, I have come across.


For a lot of people chocolate is a passion alifes work for some even, there are websites, books and blogs dedicated to chocolate.



Some research found that chocolate, eaten in moderation, can lower blood pressure so if having that stressful day with the children, bank manager or shopping trolley then that's why chocolate may calm the furrowed brow. 
Scientists also have found when measuring heart rates, chocolate caused a more intense, longer lasting "buzz" than kissing did and doubled volunteers heart rates.

It certainly sets my heart a flutter! 


My heart also raced when I was asked to try a new range by
renowned chocolate lover, author of the best-selling and award-winning Je veux du chocolat! (I want chocolate!)
Trish Deseine unveils her essential, rewarding and
unashamedly gorgeous dark, milk and white cook’s chocolate range: Chocolate by Trish..


Made in France from the very best cocoa beans all the products in the Chocolate by Trish range benefit from a fabulous length and depth of flavour. Because each chunk, button and curl is stuffed full of rich cocoa butter this wonderful cook's ingredient melts as enticingly on the tongue as it does smoothly in the bowl.



In the autumn of 2010, Trish will be exclusively launching her "Chocolate by Trish" range into Selfridge's stores nationwide.
Also available online from www.selfridges.com 

This will include a range of chocolate buttons encompassing white and milk chocolate through to a dark 64% and a dark 74% version. Chocolate shards and enticing chocolate dust complete the edible range whilst Trish's Chocolate Kit provides the tools, moulds and advice for creations at home.

ABOUT TRISH

Trish Deseine entertains the French way. Having lived and worked in France for the last 20 years she has freely developed her passion for cooking and is now one of France's most celebrated food writers. Having sold over one million cookbooks, presented two TV series and written countless articles both in English and in French. In 2009 French Vogue included Trish in their "40 Women of the Decade" list.


In 2000, Trish set up a company Au Comptoir des Chefs selling her favourite product CHOCOLATE. She caught the eye of leading French illustrated book publisher MaraboutLaduree and Seb prizes and she became the first non-French author to win France's most prestigious cookery prize, the Prix La Mazille at the Perigueux Cookbook Festival.

 
I was sent the bag of Dark 64% Chocolate Buttons, the strong chocolate aroma hit me as I opened the parcel, they come in a brown paper bag, one you might imagine would package chocolate bought from a little French confectioners.
 
I had to open the bag, knowing its for cooking but the scent was sweet and luring me in.
The taste is smooth yet bitter, sweet and rich.
 
I did toy with eating some more but knew I would regret it as there was a fab recipe to try.
 
Trish says on her website
 
MY FAVOURITE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE

"Melt 200g Chocolate by Trish 64% cooks chocolate buttons with 200g pure, semi-salted butter in the microwave (honest). Add 180g sugar, stir a bit and let it cool before breaking 5 eggs into the melted chocolate one by one, stirring well after each one.



Add a tablespoonful of plain flour and cook at 180° in a floured 22 cm cake tin for 20 minutes or so. Take it out of the oven when it's still wobbly in the middle.

 
Then leave it alone for a whole day (sure you can). It'll taste better"
 
My first thoughts were what, melting in the microwave, would that overcook the chocolate and how many eggs? Only a tablespoon of flour? OK leave to cool down but a whole day????
 
I wanted to try it as I already have a moist chocolate cake recipe, but this one seems easier.
I was gobsmacked by how simple this was to prepare, all the while, I kept reading through the recipe on the sheet, imaging that the flour amount was wrong. This surely would be too liquid to work.
But as I added the eggs, it became thicker and more cake like, by the time the tiny amount of flour was added, it was proper cake mixture consistency.
Into the tin and off to the oven, the heavenly chocolate aroma that filled the house as it was cooking had me by the stomach. One by one family appeared in the kitchen, drooling.
Then I watched  crestfallen  faces as I told them the cake had to sit for a day.


Well one day passsed in agonising bliss as I was able to pass by it sat waiting in the tin. It was gooey in the middle to look at as instructed. I still thought it may not work.
But all I can say is MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!


Its heaven on a fork! The strong  but sweet chocolate flavour, the soft mousse like light texture. Its an absolute chocoholics dream!
Its more dessert than cake I think, but I am not going to argue about the best chocolate hit to touch my lips.
Its certainly staying in my recipe folder, I cannot wait to have this for dessert when I am entertaining. Its one of those wow courses that will have you held in high esteem.
I thoroughly recommend this as the easiest chocolate cake in the world to make with the best taste I have so far come across!

Bon Appetit!

http://chocolatebytrish.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment