Monday, September 20, 2010

Ouchless Pain Free Hair Styling

Woman Having Bad Hair Day




Tired of sacrificing comfort for style? Nowadays it seems impossible to find a look that’s fashionable and pain-free.


Paige and I both have long hair, always have and we have the usual knotty hair at times, myself after a restless night especially.
We also find on holiday after a lovely day at the beach, or walking, trying to tease out the knots is a painful affair. Brushes often can tangle your hair up more, they pull at every knot and blooming hurt!

We both tend to wear our hair up on these occasions, that in itself brings discomfort, bands that are so rigid they crush your fingers as you twist them around, then seem to pull all day. Taking them out you get the nightmare of your hair caught on the metal bits that are on a lot of cheap bands.

This makes for the foulest of moods as I wrestle with the band, usually occurring at the end of the day when I am tired, cursing as pieces of my hair are ripped and fuzzy. Then there is the bruised scalp feeling that comes with the cheaper bands too.

I tried the Ouchless Range from Goody firstly the Paddle Brush a satisfyingly large comfortable brush, both to hold and to run through my hair. It dealt with my bedhead hair well, even the matted nightmare that hides at my nape.

Paige and I are both tried out the Ouchless elastics. I knew I was going to like them the minute I slid one over my hand onto my wrist.
It did not squeeze or feel uncomfortable, nor did it make it looser in use as can happen. It also did not have that horrible little metal piece, that catches your hair and hangs on for dear life. These often snap too, just as you go for that final twist.

I wore one all day on Saturday, it was easy to use, tight enough on my hair that the ponytail did not lose its style, but as I took it off that evening,my head felt fine.
No bruised uncomfortable feel and as I sat watching TV, I suddenly remembered it had come out straight away, no fighting, no snags. 

Paige puts her hair in a bun for school. She does a simple ponytail, then twists the length and wraps around the top band, securing with another band.
She says "I like them so much, they hold my bun in place really well, it feels really secure but without hurting or pulling. It came out the next day really easily and I did not have curls messed up because the band got stuck."

You can read about the range below, we have found them to really be a help for our hair. The bands are actually cheaper than fashion bands we normally buy.


The range features patented Comfor-Tip™ bristles which are so soft, they help to soothe as well as smooth hair. What’s more, the brushes are manufactured in a unique one-piece design, and comprise a retractable cushion, meaning there are no joins for hair to get tangled in.



When styling your hair, the Ouchless Vent Brush (RRP £9.99 from Boots) aids fast drying – ideal when you want a fast turnaround in the morning.



For volumising, the Ouchless Hot Round Brush 53mm (RRP £10.99 from Boots) adds bounce or curl without pulling at your hair. What’s more, the unique button at the top retracts the bristles, to avoid any nasty tangle disasters!



For a smooth finish, try the Ouchless Paddle Brush (RRP £9.99 from Boots); it’s great for covering the whole head in just a few strokes, while the Comfor-Tip bristles will glide through without a hitch.



Keep calm throughout the day with the Ouchless elastics (RRP £2.49 for 27 from Morrisons). These miracle-elastics are available in practical black and subtle earth tones and are guaranteed not to snag or pull as there aren’t any metal clasps used to seal the elastic – so hair won’t get caught and your look will be cleaner too!

A perfect end to a perfect day





Enjoy the final moments of the day with an indulgent soak and try one of the stylish Ouchless rake, shower and detangling combs. Featuring a retractable spine that conforms to your head, and flexible teeth to eliminate hair breakage, they’ll prevent any dawn dramas tearing through tangles the following day. (RRP £3.49 at Boots).



Goody’s Ouchless range of products is available from Boots, Morrisons and ASDA stores nationwide. For more information visit www.goodyhair.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment