Monday, September 27, 2010

Heat Holders Ultimate Thermal Socks

funny animated gif



Brrrr winter is certainly on its way, I am looking out on my garden, its windy, raining and my toes are cold.
I am hoping for the sake of my fuel bills, this years winter is not so bitter.
We still do try to get out for walks when we can as long as its not heavy rain. But last winter even with walking socks and a good pair of Asolo boots, I was still feeling  the cold.

I often have a dilemma with socks, I get cold feet, but incredibly ratty if my feet overheat. I also have an aversion to woolly materials especially on my hands and toes, it sets my teeth on edge, so whereas most people wear wool to keep out the cold, it drives me bananas and I cannot abide it especially in socks that are then trapped in boots.

So for me choosing a good warm pair is often so limited I end up wearing cotton socks that really do not warm up my feet.


Lets also face it grey tweed looking socks are not so trendy when wearing funky wellies as Paige does.
Its nice to have fashionable footwear down to your toes.


Heat Holder Thermal socks seem to have nailed it, and I was sent a couple of pairs to try out.




This is what Heat Holders say

 
Heat Holders are diverse, fashionable socks that keep your feet seven times warmer than normal cotton socks. Long term exposure to cold conditions can not only have detrimental effects to your feet, but to your overall health.

With a tog rating of 2.34, Heat Holders provide a practical and economical alternative to layering socks. The intense brushing process each sock has been through holds warm air close to the skin, keeping feet warmer for longer. The long pile cushioning adds comfort and support where feet need it the most. Their gentle grip prevents rubbing or discomfort that may be experienced from a sock with a lower tog rating.



Heat Holders provide a perfect solution to the snow day blues. No longer will family snowball fights in the garden be plagued by cold feet.



Available in a variety of different colours Heat Holders provide a fashionable and functional choice of warm winter wear for both men and women. Children’s sizes will soon be on sale, allowing you to relax in the knowledge that your little one’s feet are protected from Jack Frost. Longer styles are available for the whole family, meaning you too can splash around in your wellies with the kids.

I was sent a pair of vivid fuchsia pink extra long socks, that Paige snatched straight away and dug out her wellies. They were knee high and looked very funky peeking out of the top of her boots.

I was left with the Gentle Grip in red, when I say left with I was not unhappy at all.
 I read the back and was happy to see they were 91% acrylic, felt them first to check for my odd aversion. They did set my teeth a little, but the  true test would be wearing them.

Inside they are brushed, I was most relieved as they felt like fleece, soft and not making me want to hurl them away.

We had the gruesome weather so Paige and I decided to go for a walk to the shop to test them in the raw.
Despite them appearing incredibly thick they were light feeling and my boots fit with them comfortably.

After 15 minutes walking I was feeling hot, however we are only just into Autumn and I can see these being amazing in the minus 0 temperatures.

My Heat Holder socks also have Gentle Grip so I can wear them around the house without skidding on my wooden floors.

The range is large, there are men's and with the new children's selection soon to arrive a fab winter addition.
Prices start from £4.95.
Stockists are endless too, Wilkinsons, BHS, Matalan, CO Op, Sports Direct to name a few.

Full details on









No comments:

Post a Comment