Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Gtech Cordless Floor Cleaner




I will do anything to a) make life easier and b) save money when it comes to most things but especially for household cleaning.

So when I was asked to review the Gtech Power Sweeper SW02 and given the below information I did not have to really think twice.

Gtech is a British product design company offering innovative floor care cleaning solutions through its vast range of efficient and powerful cordless sweepers – making floor care a quick and simple process.



Cordless Floor Sweepers really are a must-have for busy mums who just do not have the time to spend hours cleaning and their only chance is when the children are asleep in bed, but they need to be quiet!



The Cordless Floor Sweeper from Gtech is great value retailing at £49.95. The lightweight model is the ideal cleaning tool for effortlessly cleaning the home without the hassle of restrictive cables or loud noise. It not only picks up any debris from stubborn pet hairs to larger objects that have been spilled such as rice, pasta and coffee granules, but it’s the must have tool for ‘quick’ cleaning; the time it would normally take to get the vacuum out of the cupboard and set up, Gtech’s Cordless Floor Sweeper would have already whizzed around the room and been put away.
It can save on bills too; the energy efficient sweepers cost just 1p to charge 3 times over and have a cleverly concealed tray which means you’ll save even more money not having to buy dust bags.

I took a look at the video too and this too had me convinced it was worth a try.




So light is it that when the parcel arrived I thought it was the shoes I had ordered.
Amazed when I opened up the packaging and there was the box with the GTech in.
Its looks are modern, I love the chrome colour, the instructions to assemble are easy, accompanying pictures help out.

I needed to really use force to attach the lower part of the handle to the body, you may need to get somebody with strong hands.
The tubes all fit easily and the handle added last.
The battery needs a 16 hour charge, I always get frustrated by this part, nothing at all to do with Gtech, just my impatient ways.

So come back tomorrow like me, no not really I am writing this after several days use.
I
Now onto cleaning, it got its first test, the one it will have to cope with in my house... blonde hair.
 Paige and I lose hair on a daily basis, no we are not receding its just normal hair I believe, as its long and blonde its possibly more noticeable.

Its mainly embedded into the carpet near the hall mirror, only my Dyson has always tackled it easily, so I would not be marking the sweeper down as it was after all a hand held for light work.

However it did actually pick up the hair, I was most surprised again, filled with confidence that this will actually be a great little helper in my house, I went on to hoover other rooms.

It has a change of head for hard to carpeted areas and tackled both surfaces well, what I loved was in the kitchen it got under where the doors of the cupboards jut out, as its so slim. Carpets came up well and I liked the ease in which it moved.



I just was so enamoured with the weight mostly or lack of. Very light easy to carry upstairs. Its so easy to manoeuvre and makes for speedier cleaning.
The handle adjusts for height, great for the tall Chris and for the petite me.
It also becomes a handheld easily for the stairs, you just remove the telescopic handle, the front brush guard and use on the stairs or in small areas.

To empty there is a little dust tray at the side, which you remove and empty into the bin.
Its really a fab little and I mean little in weight and size sweeper. Great for anybody who cannot lift heavy items, the elderly, post op patients and pregnant women.




Gtech saw a whopping 60% rise in sales during August.
Gtech is putting this peak in sales due to the UK's 'baby boom' which was sparked by several snowy months at the beginning of the year resulting in a peak of summertime pregnancies.
This particular month is usually one of GTech's quietest for sales as households stock up on gardening and outdoor products rather than cleaning items.

Pregnant women are advises not to lift heavy items and a vacuum is one of the heaviest items an expectant mum should avoid carrying.
At just 1.6kg, the Cordless Power sweeper weighs far less than traditional vacuums and is just as efficient at picking up all kinds of floor debris, including stubborn pet hairs, food spills and even glass.




Gtech retails for around £49.95, is available from http://www.gtechonline.co.uk/ and other retailers including Argos,Debenham's, Comet, Curry's, John Lewis and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment