Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hotter Shoes For Men and Walking


I was recently sent  some Hotter walking boots they have women's and men's shoes and boots, but these were the footwear we chose. Chosen because Hotter promise a comfort concept and also as keen walkers worth putting their comfort promise to the test in extreme conditions rather than just everyday wear.

I always like to look at the company behind the product, it helps if there is a face to a brand for me, it instills confidence in a brand if they are happy to put a name on the website too. As a mystery shopper I like to look at the service also and again was very satisfied. So before the boots come the business.

The MD of Hotter is Stewart Houlgrave, is son of the founders, that speaks of a strong value in a business, he says "Our company was set up in 1959 by my parents, we've been designing and making footwear now for 50 years! We diversified from our roots - slipper production - in the early 1990s, when we had our 'eureka moment' - identifying a niche in the market for stylish shoes with comfort built in. Since then product innovation, world class production facilities and continual reinvestment in our business has seen our shoe collections expand beyond all recognition and our circle of Hotter friends grow by hundreds of thousands each year."

 Its satisfying also to know they have a call centre and I have used this service, the staff pick up the phone immediately, are very friendly, courteous and efficient. My queries were dealt with as I would expect.


The boots Chris chose were Victor Gore Tex and  arrived by courier, presented and packaged well. Included is £5 off next purchase, a little gift to say thank you for your order.


Now I liked them on sight, I could see the construction was good, they looked like the picture online which is always reassuring, so future orders can be made more confidently.
What struck me the most was the weight, or lack of it and I know I was not about to wear them, they are size 12!!! I am a 5.5 or 6, but they were lighter than any of Chris's boats er I mean shoes and lighter than a good amount of mine.

They have removable insoles, which is great in case they need to air after a heavy duty winter walk.

Now I cannot say any more as Chris is the model. So I am handing over to him here.

I loved the look of the boots, stylish and I was happy to try them on as I needed a good pair of walking boots. First I noticed how incredibly light to hold, if that translated to the wearing this would be a benefit, especially when walking and catching all the forest underfoot, A kilo of mud and twigs is very heavy on the legs.

When I put them on well it was a bit of a shock, my feet just felt as if they were in my comfiest trainers though with ankle support and a feeling of security.

Its as if I am walking on air, its like jumping up and down on our bed almost, shh don't tell Jo I do that!!

Now so comfortable were they I decided to trial them at work for the day, not any of the sites I have to visit and assess as I have safety boots. I said to Jo I would just wear them for an hour or so to site offices and meeting room work. hoping if there were any blisters or tight spots it would show up, then also to break them in and see how they and my feet get along.

So comfortable are they I only swapped for two building sites during the day, I drove in them, did a lot of walking and planning, they were almost like I was on holiday in a comfy pair of deck shoes only softer.

Walked for 5 miles last weekend and they were good, solid, no aches, no issues at all. Just a great walking boot, I recommend them.

Ok so for any walking enthusiasts or just anyone who likes comfort as they go about their day we recommend Hotter for service, value, but most of all comfort.





No comments:

Post a Comment