Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rude Health - Not naughty and very nice!

Rude Health products appeal on more than one level, firstly the name.

I know I know it signifies "Rude" as in rude in health,vigorous, hearty - Being in good health, but it makes me snigger, child that I am.

I picture streaking and scenes by Peter Sellers playing Inspector Clouseau in the nudist colony.



OK back to my good girl image and secondly Rude Health appeals because it is good wholesome natural ingredients, no additives, yay for no sugar in the ingredients list, on the box it states "We think this porridge tastes best made with just milk, which helps to bring out its seductive (*SNIGGERS*) sweetness."

This brings me to thirdly. I love reading cereal packets while I am having breakfast, I cannot abide being told gloomy news reports from suited and made up people who look too polished at an hour to me for bleary eyes and slippers!
Usually though there is not a great amount of reading matter on a box of cereals, but with a box of rude Health I get told things that make me inform, make me snigger oh and make me groan...

BEST SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

Before you open this pack, give it a good shake. That way the chunks get mixed about and everybody gets some!

Oops OK I hold my hands up, I got most of the dates in the porridge, I said I read the pack while eating not before.

There is even a good morning message and they mention the word "sexy" causing me to snigger again!

OK finally to the taste appeal, I tried the Fruity Date porridge and the  new Granola and adored them.

In regards to the porridge long gone are the choices of salt or sugar on your oats, syrup if really living it up.  Rude Health adds dates, apricots, apple and cinnamon, it fits perfectly with an autumn for me, tastes fresh not sweet, you can taste all the flavours and I look forward to eating this as the days grow colder.



The Granola is a multigrain blend of oats, spelt, barley and puffed amaranth with freshly roasted nuts. Its fresh tasting, crunchy, very filling and great as a snack on its own straight from the box.

  
Amaranth what the dickens is that I thought, a rush to my morning reading matter tells me.

"Amaranth is a tasty little seed that the Greeks associated with immortality. While we're certain it's nutritious we would not go that far. (2000 year old Greeks, please email us your amaranth recipes.)
These days amaranth is a popular street food in Mexico, where they toast it in honey and eat it like popcorn. They call it alegría, which means 'joy' in Spanish.

See Natasha Kaplinsky thats news!!!!


Rude Health is sold nationwide by Waitrose and select Tesco, Co-operative and Sainsbury’s stores as well as health food stores, delis and farm shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment