Monday, September 6, 2010

Olay’s Total Effects Wake up Wonder

OLAY TOTAL EFFECTS
WAKE UP WONDER

I happily agreed to review the new Olay Total Effects Wake Up Wonder, I grew up in a house where my Granny and Mum both used Oil of Ulay as it was called back in the day.
I always loved the fragrance and often sneaked a bit for my hands or cheeks and loved the soft smooth effect.
Olay has continually improved on the effects and science of their   beauty products and are fighting the test of time on our faces, they did seem to have it  pretty much wrapped up.
But still they managed to surprise with a new product  Wake Up Wonder.

As I read the packaging I was seriously impressed with the seven anti aging effects that Olay are giving me and boy do I need them.

 Total effects Wake Up Wonder is a lightweight anti-ageing moisturiser providing 7 anti-aging effects in 1 product to wake up your creased, tired looking skin. This is thanks to its new lightweight anti-ageing formula with mint extract.





1. Line minimisation: Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Hydration: For a health radiant glow.
3. Firming: Hydrates for firmer skin appearance.
4. Dullness: Improves skin surface dullness.
5. Exfoliation: Smoothes and evens skin texture.
6. Pore appearance: Helps minimise the appearance of pores.
7. Antioxidant: Helps to prevent free radical damage to skin’s surface layers.

I like this guarantee below best of all, how many of you buy a tube or jar of some new cream only to find its too greasy, makes your skin tight and they are certainly not cheap to leave languishing in the bathroom cabinet!!

Total Effects Guarantee*
It really works or your money back guaranteed call our free phone number for details.

AFTER FIRST USE


So as directed I first squeezed a hazelnut sized ball of the cream into my hand, briefly smoothed between my palms and then applied evenly across my face.
It smells lovely very flowery and light and my nose is pretty good but I could not detect a mint smell.

Line minimisation was apparent straight away, my fine lines on my face just appeared plumper less lined immediately. Hydration, well I certainly seemed to glow and look more radiant, firmness not apparent but this was first use. My skin did not seem dull and I was impressed by the exfoliation, my skin did definitely take on a smooth appearance without buffing it with a scourer weekly. Just kidding about the scourer!!!

I do not overly suffer with large uneven pores so could not really comment at this stage on the effect and the final claim about protecting my skin well, I will just accept that that was going on right under my nose.

My one criticism  would have to be the lack of sun protection provided, I was a little disappointed not to see a SPF15 at least on the pack. It would have made it a great all in one for summer days out. So Olay just need to add it and have an 8 effects maybe?

1 WEEK USE

Well I am impressed with most aspects, day 3 my face seemed a little plumper than usual, but my husband kindly pointed out it looked as plump as normal, not sure whether to be grateful for the comment though!

My face appears over all smoother, definitely glowing and more youthful, I had three separate comments saying how well I looked so I put that down to Olay as well as my normal loveliness..heehee!

It has definitely given a Total Effect, my face does seem more awake as soon as I apply it, great for any late nights or days when your face just wont play nicely even though you have been awake for an hour. Though I am very pleased, I feel the Wake Up Wonder needs to be sold in a larger format, maybe a month supply size. Would definitely need sun protection to totally rate it as well.

But overall a very very good cream and I wont be claiming my money back!







No comments:

Post a Comment