Monday, February 7, 2011

Chantra Thai Green Curry Kit


I recently reviewed the Chantra Massaman Curry Kit and new to me Thai Red Rice, you can read more here and I thoroughly recommend it for a new and different dish for your family. I mentioned to Chantra that I was bowled over by the Masaaman kit, I had been hoping for the Green Thai as its my favourite Thai dish but that I was very glad I got to try a new dish.

Thai Green Curry is perhaps the best known out of all Thai cuisine outside of Thailand and is one of many peoples favourite.

The paste from which it is always made has a sweet, yet spicy taste which perfectly compliments the creamy coconut milk used during cooking. Green Curry is usually made with chicken but is also popular with pork and fish.



Again I found this incredibly easy straightforward to follow the recipe and a really authentic taste.
Simply cook the paste with a little oil for 1 minute, add your  chicken or indeed fish, cook until brown, stir in the coconut milk, add vegetables, the fish sauce and a pinch of sugar, and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
The aroma in the kitchen brought the family scurrying to discover what were eating and ooh and ahs when they saw the Crafond full of creamy spicy chicken.


The taste was incredible very fiery, I did use the entire sachet of paste, it recommends a third of the pack if you like a milder dish, but we love the heat. Conor did struggle a little, but loved the taste. I made this for a quick midweek meal but thoroughly recommend it if entertaining guests, its so authentic and the ingredients so fresh tasting.


The kits are available in hundreds of independent food shops around the UK and from select online retailers



see http://www.thaicurrycompany.com/ for details.


Chantra Authentic Thai Curry Kits Review

http://given-to-distracting-others.blogspot.com/2010/12/chantra-authentic-thai-curry-kits.html









No comments:

Post a Comment