Monday, February 21, 2011

Shrove Tuesday with Lush Lemony Flutter and Sweet Lips lip scrub



Now all of you who read my blog regularly know I love lemon, be it for food, beauty or even that dirty word cleaning.

So when Lush offered me a lemony treat to tie in with Pancake Day  I was never going to turn it down.

With Shrove Tuesday fast approaching, many of us will be coating our pancakes with lemon and sugar, the perfect combination. Lemon and sugar also make great ingredients to coat your body with ... lemon is astringent, cleansing, toning and refreshing while sugar is a fantastic natural exfoliator.


LEMONY FLUTTER cuticle butter (£5.80 for 50g) ... a multi-purpose, intensely rich moisturiser that's perfect for softening not only cuticles but also hard skin on feet, hands and elbows. Intensely lemon-scented, lemon oil is very softening and used to treat corns and callouses. Lemon juice, rich in vitamins, is a very versatile tonic juice. The blend of very rich oils, including flaxseed, castor oil, palm kernel oil, soya oil and organic avocado all nourish and the mucilaginous texture is extremely softening.

This cuticle butter has the most lemony smell I have ever smelt, think strong lemon sherbet sweets, its heady and sharp yet sweet. A real invigorating pampering session with this butter. Its soften my feet and hands and I loved it so much its sitting next to me  so I can keep using it all day on my hands.


SWEET LIPS lip scrub (£4.75) ... Lush lip scrubs are made with a base of castor sugar to gently scrub away any flaky skin, leaving your pout perfectly soft and smooth. This one blends in rich and creamy cocoa absolute and vanilla extract for a delicious chocolately flavour.

I like the taste of this and as somebody who suffers with dry cracked lips in winter this is definitely helping, its gentle and effective and another great find.

To pick up these and many more ethical, cruelty free cosmetics visit Lush shops nationwide. For shop details and mail order, please call 01202 668 545, or order on-line at http://www.lush.co.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment