Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3M Ultrathon Insect Repellent



Reading the Ultrathon blurb below and with reference to a romantic date, it  reminded me of a nightmare attack I suffered at the pesky mozzies that mar my summer.

I went for a walk in a local forest, I strolled hand in hand with my husband and we stopped to linger for a kiss  and look at the view, I just happened to glance down at myself and was horrified to see my legs were speckled black, I screeched as I realised their were scores of mosquitoes all have their lunch on me...literally. I went tearing off down the footpath, husband running behind not altogether sure what was wrong with me and why I was rubbing my body as I ran. I did not stop until I got to the car. Over the next week I suffered so badly with hot itchy painful bites. I scarred for ages. I have never gone back to that woods and I am not sure why that many landed on me.
I get badly bitten every summer, in fact I got bitten this year in March while clearing the pond, the warm weather seems to have brought them early and it was worse as I did not realise I needed protection.

Well I have it now in the shape of Ultrathon, if Ray Mears the tough bush craft man uses it it must be good.

I think it must be working, I was sitting in my cousins garden recently and it was dusk and I had no bites, I know the nasty little blighters were about as I hear them. I may have found my protection.
Now a tip if you are prone as I am  to bites use the spray or lotion under clothes. I must be so delectable to them, I get bitten through clothes, also one I cannot stop is  on my scalp through my hair too.
The spray is very handy I find it better to apply than a lotion it smells horrible when first applied but within seconds has a herbal light scent. It is quite moisturising and seems to be protecting me well, I will come back and say if I do get bitten later on. I am really praying this is the answer for my summer nightmare.

Look out for a giveaway where 5 lucky followers will win an Ultrathon Insect Repellent Spray


Summer jaunts, a daytime trip with the family or a romantic night out for two, whether home or abroad, can be totally ruined thanks to pesky mosquitoes and other biting insects.

This summer however, things could be different with the UK launch of 3M Ultrathon Insect Repellent.

The secret behind the product’s success is its advanced Time Release Protection. This technology means the DEET ingredient slowly evaporates providing protection long after other DEET repellents have dissipated. This means Ultrathon offers up to 12 hours of protection against mosquitoes, and with the added benefit of being splash and sweat resistant, the need for re-application is also reduced.

Ultrathon products not only protect against mosquitoes but a whole host of other bugs including midges, ticks, horseflies, fleas and sandflies.


The product was originally developed for the military and is the product of choice for outdoor survival experts such as Ray Mears.

“While perhaps not life threatening in the UK, bites from mosquitoes and other bugs can still be an incredible nuisance,” says Ray Mears. “Ultrathon works equally well for barbeques in the garden as it does for trekking up hills in a rain forest.”

To find out more about Ultrathon insect repellent and advice on how to apply it from Ray Mears please visit http://www.ultrathon.co.uk/.

The Ultrathon range is available in a 60ml lotion offering extended protection of up to 12 hours protection or a convenient 125ml spray offering 8 hours protection. Both products have an RSP of £8.29.

No comments:

Post a Comment