Monday, May 16, 2011

Magpie Monday More Ebaying and how having Fat Fingers helps


I was flushed with success on my last EBay foray, see my appliance bargains here. I also happily shared it for my first Magpie Monday run by the lovely Liz at Me and My Shadow have a look and join in if you have found a bargain anywhere.

My children having been on holiday with us to Cornwall for a good few years they now have a passion for surf wear, well we all do. Unfortunately for us, this style of clothing now is much wanted by many more people than just surfers and tourists.  Some names have become designer brands, others have outlets throughout the UK, Fat Face, Protest, SuperDry for example and  now they are so pricey and I balk at spending up to £50 for a t shirt for a teen, who may decide they don't like it after a few wears.


So I turn to EBay to try and pick up a few bargains, so the kids can keep up with the style they like at a price we can afford. Trouble is this too is harder as obviously everybody is looking for a bargain and I have seen a Tshirt go for £6 over what it is in the shop....crazy.

But here is a tip for you, some sellers list their goods on EBay with typing errors in the subject line, it means when I type in say "SuperDry T shirt" if one is spelt incorrectly or spaced wrongly it does not come up in the list.
This also means it gets no bids and if you can find it, it could be yours for the starting bid price!

So where do you find these typos? Here on an aptly named site called Fat Fingers eBay spelling mistakes and typos with reference to the poor person who has hit the wrong keys on their board!

Try it now type in Washing machine, remember to hit the UK flag before your search and wait for the pop up or hit the link.

It takes you to EBay with a suggested list of misspells in the search bar. Then press  the search button on EBay and look for the bargains.

There was one last week where somebody had put "washinb machine and it went for 99p!

So my Fat Fingers find  last week was a SuperDry tee, I popped in the word on Fat Figers and as expected a few came up SouperDry SuperDY Super Dry etc and then I found my bargain. Now of course other people do use it,  also other people searching EBay normally make the same spelling error  as the seller, so some items do still sell at a high price.

 
But you can find them, spelt with a space between the word so "Super Dry" I snapped this up for £2.70 currently on sale in the shop for £29.99, cheaper than a charity shop buy.

Have a go and see what you can find. Don't forget to post  any Magpie Monday links on the birdie below. Let me know if you win any great stuff.



Me and My Shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment