Friday, May 20, 2011

Giovanni Rana Fresh Filled Pasta Creations


Pasta pioneer Giovanni Rana captures the taste
of real Italy in a ready meal

I love a home cooked meal, you have seen me post  a good few recipes for them. I will use  easy to prepare meals on occasion, if we are all in at different times and I have nothing I made earlier, but they have to be good quality not too processed  and importantly taste good.
I have been using Giovanni Rana for some while now, we love the filled pasta and I serve it with my own homemade tomato and basil sauce. The kids love them and Conor who is not a lover of any dish with cheese in love all the range.
I believe that despite being a easy quick meal it does not  compromise on natural good ingredients. So when I got the chance to try the new Fresh Filled Pasta Creations I was not going to pass up the opportunity.

I received the Tortellini filled with Prosciutto Crudo in tomato sauce (with cherry tomatoes, spinach and Parmigiano Reggiano shavings) It looks a good size it mentions a supper or lunch but I think its big enough for an evening meal, with a salad and maybe a rosemary and garlic flatbread definitely  a supper for two.

I heated it up for the required time 2 minutes, stirred then an extra 1 and a half for my microwave.
  




The al dente pasta is a perfect bite, the sauce not too much coats the tortellini and complements the cherry tomatoes and spinach. The taste is fresh, the tomato sauce is light not too overpowering, the cream and parmesan evident. The tortellini filling is lovely I can taste the ham and cheese. I can find nothing I would change or add and you know my penchant for adding an extra to a sauce or meal to make it my own. The only thing missing perhaps was a good glass of red!

I definitely want to try the other two varieties and will happily buy these as its as good as homecooked.
 Italy’s no.1 fresh pasta brand launches new Fresh Filled Pasta Creations range -

Italy’s number one fresh pasta brand has today launched a new range of delicious ready meals, perfect for time-starved foodies. On Sainsbury’s shelves from mid-March, Giovanni Rana’s Fresh Filled Pasta Creations (RRP £2.99) include three varieties that look good, taste great and are ready in minutes.
The new filled pasta range comprises:

 
Tortellini filled with Prosciutto Crudo in tomato sauce (with cherry tomatoes, spinach and Parmigiano Reggiano shavings)

 

Tortellini filled with Spinach and Ricotta in a basil sauce (with courgettes and cheese shavings)

Tortellini filled with Prosciutto Crudo in Alfredo sauce (with peas, smoked ham and Parmigiano Reggiano shavings)

Giovanni Rana’s Fresh Filled Pasta Creations range is easy to prepare - simply place in the microwave and it’s ready in four minutes – and thanks to Giovanni Rana’s commitment to creating authentic tasting meals, the pasta actually cooks (rather than being reheated) during the microwave process, ensuring it arrives on your plate ‘al dente’. The meals are perfect as a hot, hearty lunch for one or as a tasty, quick and convenient supper.

The new Giovanni Rana’s Fresh Filled Pasta Creations range complement the brand’s existing selection of fresh, authentically Italian filled pastas which include favourites like Rich Italian Beef Bolognese Tortelloni (traditional small, plump filled pasta), and Prosciutto Crudo and Cheese Cappelletti (small, hat-shaped pasta envelopes stuffed with filling). Its trademark extra thin pasta and generous, flavoursome fillings have made the Giovanni Rana name a national treasure in its native Italy and a synonym for authentic food and good taste.

Giovanni Rana’s Fresh Filled Pasta Creations range signifies the first of a few new exciting products that are being launched by the brand later this year.


Giovanni Rana’s Fresh Filled Pasta Creations (RRP £2.99) are available in Sainsbury’s stores nationwide from March 2011, and selected ASDA stores from May 2011.

For more information on the Giovanni Rana range, as well as recipes ideas, visit www.giovannirana.co.uk.




No comments:

Post a Comment