Monday, May 9, 2011

No use crying over spilt dinner... but I did!



 I decided to make a from scratch Rogon Josh, so this morning instead of my usual tweeting with tea, I was in the kitchen early chopping ginger, garlic, lemon and mixing spices to marinate the £6.00's worth of good beef in.

I am on a drive to get lots of red meat and green veg into my pre GCSE twins to boost them a little.

I have a very old mixing bowl from my Granny, she gave it to me when she got a bit too past baking, it holds fond memories of making cakes and dinners with her as a child its priceless to me.
I have had it for 12 years myself and use it all the time Its a precious thing but an essential part of my cooking week. Paige and Conor have baked with me using it as well, good good memories come from the strangest sources don't they.

The meat all mixed I took it to the fridge, popped it on my trolley as always, as I made room at the bottom, I saw it just go I was nowhere near quick enough to try to save it, actually puzzled as to why it went. I must have put it down on the edge of the surface.

It thudded onto the floor, pieces of beef and shards of pottery everywhere.

I just stood and looked at it, then cried, the bowl I adore (which maybe you are thinking I should not have used if I loved it so), was gone in pieces marinating with the beef.
An attempt at a joke as I am feeling a little maudlin now, I went out of the room and just sat, then tweeted my woes and then remebered the beef had turmeric and lots of stain making other spice. So back to clean, bleaching the floor, annoyingly as I had just done before. I also have to find something else to cook and I really don't want to even think about it.

My week can only improve now...please!

No comments:

Post a Comment