Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ambrosia Custard Coated Flakes Review



As a child I all the comfort food puddings, tapioca, semolina, jam roly  poly and has to be said bananas and custard. I ate this cold and only at my granny's house as my Mum had a real strong dislike for bananas they made her really sick as a child and she would not have them in the house.

When Ambrosia asked me if i wanted to try the new  Custard Coated Apple Flakes and Custard Coated Banana Flakes it did as they say conjure up the past. These are for children but as a big kid myself and only for the purpose of  eating more
reviewing you understand, I had to try some for myself.


First the banana variety. Think custard, creamy vanilla cold custard and that's the first bit, then you get banana did you ever eat those banana foam sweets as a child, shaped like bananas and really scrummy. These reminded me straight away of those.
The apple in the centre is sweet and fruity. I love them, they are a diddly 20g bag perfect for little ones packs ups and big ones too, Chris took some to work and rang to  say we need to get them again.

Paige and Conor both love the banana ones too.  
I am hoping lots agree with me and I would like to see a large bag on the sweet aisle.

The Apple ones were lovely perhaps I should have tried them first as I felt they were missing the banana so my advice is perhaps get the liking for that bag first.

Two of the nation’s favourite combinations, apple and custard and banana and custard are now available to buy as Ambrosia Custard Coated Apple Flakes and Custard Coated Banana Flakes in Sainsbury’s and Morrison’s stores nationwide, priced from £1.89.

 
The products will be sold in multi packs – 5 x 20g perfect for lunchboxes, picnics, playtimes and days out

No comments:

Post a Comment