Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Italian Family Cookbook from Lawrence Dallaglio & Sacla'



I recently reviewed the very feisty addition to Sacla' I'm not referring to the new range of sauces but to the man behind them, the gorgeous Lawrence Dallaglio!
You can read about my hot encounter here 

As you know I love cooking from scratch, you've seen some of the results on the blog. I do use sauces more so since I've been blogging as I get the offer of sample to review.
 I particularly like Sacla' as its full of natural ingredients but as you also know even when I get a helpful sauce in the kitchen, I start to make it over a little and add ingredients or try it in a different cooking method.

Well Sacla' outdo me here as they have Lawrence to play around with their sauces and together they have written My Italian Family Cookbook- Recipes from Three Generations.


Lawrence says
"All the dishes are full of goodness, easy to prepare and use the very best ingredients. My Dad and I have always wanted to create the ultimate Italian family cookbook, sharing our passion, our love of cooking great food with fresh ingredients and of course our treasured family recipes. Sacla’ are now a part of our family, coming from Piedmont in Italy as we do, where they still make all their delicious products including our range, Dallaglio by Sacla’ pasta sauces"

The book is well written some very simplistic dishes to cook, I spot one that I know will turn into a favorite as it looks good, due to the clear tempting photography. Its six ingredients two in the title Ricotta and Spinach Dumplings added to lemon egg, salt and flour, kneaded into ball and boiled in a pan until they float. Lawrence adds tips throughout the book and for this dish he suggests coating with  Dallaglio by Sacla' Tricolore sauce topping with breadcrumbs and baking until bubbling. I have to make this and will add the results soon!


My Italian Family Cookbook combines the best ingredients with simple, wholesome family recipes and celebrates the joy of cooking and sharing food as a family.

Why not try this delicious recipe, just one of more than a hundred tasty treats in this beautiful book.


Polpette alla Diavola - Meatballs with Diavola sauce

Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins

Serves 4


INGREDIENTS

500g lean beef mince
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
4 spring onions, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
100g breadcrumbs
Pinch of ground cinnamon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A little olive oil
300g jar Dallaglio by Sacla’ Diavola sauce
400g penne pasta
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Method
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.

Put the mince in a bowl with the herbs, spring onions, lemon zest, breadcrumbs and cinnamon. Mix it all together and season well.

Take walnut-sized pieces of the mince and roll into balls. Heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the meatballs lightly until golden.

Heat the sauce in a pan and add the meatballs.

Meanwhile, cook the penne in the boiling water until al dente.

Add a ladleful of pasta water to the sauce and meatballs – this will loosen the mixture and help bring all the flavours together.

Drain the pasta well. Return it to the pan and add the meatballs
and sauce. Toss everything together.
Divide among four bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.


Why not join Sacla’ and become one of our very special fans on facebook www.facebook.com/ItalianFoodLovers or visit our website to be even more inspired by our creative collection of recipes for every occasion – http://www.sacla.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment