Tuesday, March 8, 2011

‘Cooks by Gordon Ramsay’ Glass Jug Blender


This is what I call cool -  A chef who has designed kitchen gadgets for the home.

Gordon Ramsay says: “Cooking for friends and family is all about removing intimidation, having fun and more importantly relaxing over a delicious home-cooked meal. So I am delighted to introduce my new Cooks range which includes easy to use kitchen products designed to inspire you and help prepare and cook delicious food at home.”I was sent the 'Cooks' by Gordon Ramsey Glass Jug blender and like Gordon himself its sleek sturdy looking and gives great results!!


Wonder if he wants me to do the slogans for the range!!!

It has a very big jug its thick glass and as you would expect quite heavy. I find this reassuring especially as I will be pulverising ice and putting it through high speed agitation.

I have been told that being glass its far superior to the plastic jugs, I have to agree I have a very old liquidiser which is from the 60's and also glass. I did but a jug blender to replace as it looked prettier but the plastic handle cracked easily and made it unsafe to carry any weight of liquid.
It comes on a black shiny base, its modern, curvy in all the right places and looks fab on my counter.

I was concerned at first that the jug just sits in the base, it does not slot in at all, but I have been using for weeks now and its very stable.


First the ice crushing function a seperate button for this, it will be fab for summer,  the kids loved it. I decided it would be the first thing I tried  and despite  jumping in the air as its very noisy, (why my kids loved it) I was rather impressed.

From ice cold to hot, I can blend homemade hot soup straight from the pan, no need to worry as the glass can take the heat too. The jug holds 1.3 litres so good for family sized portions too.
Now you know its going to blend but what is really neat is the separate fruit filter so you can have a smoothie or juice drink  without 'bits'


The above drink was not only blackcurrants and cranberry juice made extra smooth by using the fruit filter but if you look closely also with crushed ice!

In my house this was perhaps the biggest benefit as Paige and I do not like 'bits' our fridge has up to now, had cartons for Chris and Con and cartons for Paige and I. However I can now add  our drinks to the jug blender and get smooth juice so buy one type of juice.

Even  better than that Paige eats yogurt for breakfast and complains that all the nice flavours have bits.  Its true you know brand people, plus smooth ones
are more expensive. But now we can eliminate the lumps and pulp and loving it.
My chicken marinade was a breeze in the blender, as its glass I also know I will not get that yellowy stain that comes from blending curry spices especially the turmeric.


Its a great gadget, does everything you want, plus a  bit more cheap to buy at £39.99 and looks smart too.

Thank you Mr Ramsay as you would say (no the bad words) 
 "Done"

Food preparation products include: a powerful 700W 3-in-1 Hand Blender; a Glass Jug Blender; a Multi Blender; a Stand Mixer (with a twin motor plus small and large steel mixing bowls); and a Food Processor with tilted bowl and blade design for better processing.
Whether it’s cooking for family, or entertaining friends, Cooks by Gordon Ramsay offers a range of fantastic products with added features to help you prepare and create your favourite dishes quickly and easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment