Monday, March 7, 2011

Prettyful Things For Mothers Day and Me



I  was analysed while I was studying counselling by a psychologist friend, I hasten to add it was over a coffee, not on a couch!!

 He said  that if he came to my house he would find lots of trinkets and keepsakes that I loved because of a memory attached to them.  My house would be full of items some may find out of sorts if they liked matching decor.

He was uncannily right, however he only had to look over my jewellery to ascertain this. I mainly wear gifts that are bought for me and pay no mind to them having to match.

So as my "About me" says I like vintage or retro, call it what you will but when it came into vogue it satisfied my need for prettiness.

I want to tell you about Prettyful Things a lovely vintage online boutique.

I suspect the name is play on Needful Things a  book title by Stephen King, his was a scary tale of a shop filled with items that would were at first tempting, then a "must have." finally the customer  would burn to hold, touch and possess. Its a dark tale but I do identify with the needful vein.

Prettyful Things is an online boutique, they are proud to say they will give you "good old fashioned service and delights you with our range of retro and vintage inspired clothes, jewellery, gift ware and one-off wonders.
From Vogue-featured jewellery, to clothing or even bespoke one-off accessories, we're here to spoil you and make life easy when the shopping urge grabs you!
We know that you're different from the high street crowd, that's why you'll love Prettyful Things!"

I had a look round and found some fabby things  that are on my needful things list!!


Vintage style heart and key charm necklace inscribed with "He Who Holds The Key Can Unlock My Heart".

This would add to my vast collection of heart shaped items I have necklace, brooches and bracelets strewn with them.  You may have noticed my fondness for them, on my gravatar and all over the Valentines day posts.
£9.50







I have the character here in four prints that were bought by my Grandma when I was born. They were above my cot and stayed in every house we moved too, taken and hidden when I was too cool as a teen, but were back for my babies.
I know I know another heart but it was the character that appealed first honest!!
This is a piece from the latest collection from Court and Spark for Sping/Summer 2011.
£3.50


 
 
This is my fave jewellery piece it sums up what I was saying about my love of trinkets and keepsakes.
Vintage style charm bracelet presented in a gift box so it looks even more beautiful (if that's possible). The perfect accessory to compliment any outfit and a sure fire way to receive compliments! It's adjustable too so it won't matter if you buy it for someone else and then decide to keep it for yourself like I would! Hee hee!
£13.78
 

Purple and pale pink polka dot jersey dress with detachable sash belt. Button detail at front and at cuffs. Was £58.80

How lovely is this dress and my favourite of the lovely selection its an amazing price of £40

OK I have shown you what I like, hope you agree and if you get chance pop to the shop and take a look in time for Mothers day.

TWITTER: @prettyfulthings

No comments:

Post a Comment