Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fudges Review



I was sent some Fudges biscuits to sample and its always the bit I like best, I parcel the family off to work, pop the kettle on, make a cuppa and settle back to nibble my way through the items I have to review. Such a hardship!!


I was sent the scrumptious  Cheddar Wafers and for dessert Stem Ginger Biscuits dipped in Dark Chocolate, this was going to be hard I sould tell. The boxes are very tastefully designed, they look like homespun almost and quaint. They would sit perfectly on a table full of delights at an after cricket tea or a village hall fete.




Starting with the Cheese Wafers they are as the name suggests wafer thin. They are a deep golden yellow and though wafer they have a solid appearance not layered like I perceive wafers to be.

They  look light and shine golden even more as I raise one to bite. Ahhhh I am telling you folks they are dreamy, so light, crisp yet curiously creamy. The cheddar taste is apparent, a good medium flavour, natural tasting. Not too salty and a lovely natural aftertaste.

Then I found my problem, I wanted to share these delights with my loved ones Chris and Paige mainly, Conor not a cheese lover, but the naughty side of me wanted to stash them in some deep recess of the cupboard and sneak them when I was alone, they really are that good.
 I bore in mind that eating a whole pack to myself was apart from being greedy, its not so good for my figure.
I had to nip out after the taste test and left them on the side, I came home to find Chris packet in hand , rapturous expression, nodding his head at me, I think that was his review!
I highly recommend them, so good are they as a stand alone snack especially with a glass of wine, I never even tried them with toppings. But sure they will be fantastic.


The delight did not stop with the the cheese wafers, my next delight were the
 Stem Ginger Biscuits dipped in Dark Chocolate.
As I open the packet a satisfying scent of good chocolate and the warm spicy aroma of ginger, let me know these were going to be as good.
Again the appearance is good, a firm lightly baked biscuit and a thick coating of chocolate and I read they are hand dipped in the chocolate so all are unique in appearance.
They are crisp to bite yet there is a lovely softness to feel, the chocolate is sweet not bitter and is just a great accompaniment to the hot spice taste of ginger.
Perfect with a cuppa and again for afternoon tea you would not go wrong choosing them.

The Fudges Story
Fudges was founded by Great, Great Granddad, Percy Fudge in 1926 and the family has worked hard to preserve his legacy, adapting his award winning savoury and sweet biscuits, delicious luxury cakes and indulgent treats to suit today’s discerning tastes. Something that is done with a dedication and care that is rarely found.

 
Each ingredient is handpicked for its quality and flavour and butter, eggs and cheese are sourced from local farmers that share the Fudge family’s values.


Fudges Today

Three generations down the line, Steve, Sue and Graham Fudge continue the traditions started by Great, Great Granddad, Percy Fudge, embodying everything that the Fudges name represents and each adding something of their own character and flair to the baking process.

 
Ovens are checked with anticipation, flour is brushed from skilled hands, and pride is evident at every step. From the hand dipping of our biscuits and flapjacks in the finest Belgian chocolate, to the exquisite layering of Fudges unique cheese straws, it’s this pride that sets the Fudges bakery apart. And with all the awards the family continues to receive each year, they know that Great, Great Granddad Fudge would be pleased too.

RRP for the Stem Ginger is £2.30 – available from Waitrose, Booths, Delis and Farm Shops

RRP for the Cheddar Wafers is £2.19 – available from Waitrose, Asda, Tesco, Booths, Delis and Farm Shops

No comments:

Post a Comment