Friday, November 5, 2010

Chocolate Craft Review - The Alresford Chocolate Company



A chocolate containing everything you find in a Christmas Pudding. Fruits, nuts, spices and of course Courvoisier... you will love the taste of this Christmas chocolate.

This is the description of the new festive truffles from CHOCOLATE CRAFT that I was sent to try recently.
I adore Christmas pudding and as you have read here before positively worship at the altar that is chocolate. To combine the too is a very clever move. 

I have tried a luxury steamed Christmas pudding with chocolate and the general consensus in our house, was that we could not taste enough chocolate and it was not worth the extra money spent.
So would these Chocolate Craft truffles taste of Christmas pudding?


They come in a lovely little pouch, six truffles,
When I opened the box I was already getting a scent of cognac, as I open the bag inside, I get an immediate fruit, spice and  brandy aroma.

I can tell these fragrant delights are handmade, each one unique, the rough flakes, the slightly different size and roundness.
The Alresford Chocolate Company make award-winning chocolates. They say their mission is to craft stylish and distinctive chocolates that taste as good as they look.

Using fresh Hampshire cream and the finest natural ingredients, the chocolates are made with uncompromising quality by expert chocolatiers using traditional artisan methods.




To the best bit of any review, the taste, I already know these are going to be delicious, I can see it, I can smell it.

As I bite, trying desperately not to gobble the lot in one go, its a definite Christmas pudding and a darn good one, I can taste fruit, cream, vanilla and heavenly Courvoisier.
The truffle is creamy, smooth, then I get a fruit piece, I looked at the ingredients and there are raisins and cranberries in the truffle, this works so well.
The ingredients are all natural too, orange, almond , whipping cream, it reads like a real Christmas recipe.

For the purposes of this review I have described the truffle, for the purposes of my taste buds, sorry folks you will have to drool and dream, I had to eat the rest of the truffle in peace.

There are six truffles, a greedy woman (me) would say its not enough, I want a tray of these beauties. At the beginning I quoted Chocolate Craft "you will love the taste of this Christmas chocolate."
So very very true! 



The other truffles in the selection sound just as delectable  GRAND MARNIER® and Rich Ruby Port.


I spotted a very tempting offer on the Chocolate Craft site too, you I did debate long and hard as to whether to share it, but its Christmas... can become a Chocolate Taster for them.
I entered and I have everything crossed!!


Sign up  for a chance to become one of our special chocolate tasters. If selected, you will receive 4 FREE samples in one year to taste. All we ask in return is that you provide us with feedback on the samples you are tasting.Your feedback is vitally important to us and will be used to further improve and develop our products.

If you would like to help, please fill in the form opposite. We will randomly select our tasters in May and November and will notify you if you are chosen.


There are many more crafted chocolates and offers to peruse and I will leave you with a beautiful picture of the truffles, far more pleasing than mine to tempt you.










Handcrafted Christmas delights from Chocolate Craft



Best known for their contemporary, stylish boxes of artisan, handcrafted chocolates and premium ‘celebration’ themed lollies, ‘Chocolate Craft’ have added new delights to their collection this

Christmas including festive Truffles in new eye-catching pouch-packs and fabulous new family hampers.

Perfect for Christmas gifts, their ever popular, stylish boxes come in boxes of 8, 15, 24 plus a new ‘giant box of 48’ (prices from £6.95), whilst their handcrafted lollies featuring festive teddies, leaping reindeer and mouth watering Christmas puddings are tasty stocking fillers at £2.50.

 
Completing the Christmas offer are three fabulous luxury hampers. For those who love to share, the family hamper is an affordable luxury at £29.95, with a deluxe version at £49.95. For a more individual gift, a ‘Chocolate Connoisseur’ hamper is available at £39.95.


Debbie Carter, The Alresford Chocolate Company founder & owner commented:
“Christmas is a special time for chocolate connoisseurs young and old, with our extended collection we are confident that there’s something for all the family this year from Chocolate Craft”

Where to Buy

http://www.chocolatecraft.co.uk/where-to-buy-chocolatecraft-chocolates

RRP : £5.50 for 70g





No comments:

Post a Comment