Thursday, November 18, 2010

Linwoods Healthy Superfoods


Now to me Superfoods are ones that are tasty and normally come in the bad for me if I eat too much category.
I do however know that it really means  foods that are high in a large number of nutrients and are good for providing the body with what it needs quickly.


Reeling off a few here Rose hips, Alfalfa,  Cocoa, Quinoa,  Soy, Papaya, Flax seed are all superfoods. Broccoli,  Oranges, Watercress, Spinach, Tomatoes, Blueberries, Raspberries and honey are all superfoods and looking through the list I admit to loving some and wrinkling my nose at others.



I cannot get away from the fact that they are good for the inside and in fact the outside. Superfoods are super because they go beyond and above the normal requirements of nutrients needed for  the immune system, they can also help to detoxify the body without those weird and wonderful detox diets you sometimes see and provide everything we  need to keep us healthy.



Not only that they can be added to anything ie cakes, stews and still be good for us. They make great additions to salads, soups and desserts.
So I do try to incorporate some in my diet amongst the odd bacon sarnie! I just add tomatoes to it.

I was sent Linwood's Healthy Superfoods recently, I did look at them for a while I admit as I wanted to try and was not sure how to use and whether I would like despite knowing a bit about what I already said their benefits are.

In the end Chris said when are you going to try the Linwood's it looks really good and I want to eat it.
So I made a bowl of porridge and sprinkled  2 dessertspoons of the Milled Flaxseed, Cocoa & Berries on top.

 I have no idea why I waited so long its really tasty, sweet from the strawberries and blueberries and a lovely chocolaty flavour, now here is the amazing thing,  here is what I would have to eat in the same day to get the  same amount of antioxidants


1 cabbage,
3 full broccoli,
6 carrots,
 3 apples,
1 grapefruit,
10 tomatoes

Now I don't know about you but I think I would be running to the loo a lot if I ate that little lot each day and would not have many friends if I was eating all that cabbage.
 
I think I will be sticking with the Linwood's.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment