Thursday, November 4, 2010

Seriously Good Sauces Review


As you will have read I blogged about Seriously Good sauces and that as well as cooking up one of these simple dishes for a tasty midweek treat how you will also be raising  money for a Seriously Good cause at the same time. Read more here - Seriously Good Sauces  

Well at the same time I was also sent some of the sauces to review and here it is.
The Seriously Good range consists of five great sauces including Spicy Red Pepper & Spianata Sausage; Bolognese & Red Wine; Tomato, Black Olive & Mixed Herb; Wild Mushrooms & Mascarpone; and Cherry Tomato & Balsamic.

I tried the Bolognese and Red Wine sauce, this first appealed for the size of the jar, its a generous amount of sauce, I added more mince than recommended and it was still ample for 4 people.
 Its literally a brown the mince add the sauce. So simple and quick.


Its tasty I make my own spaghetti bolognese sauce and I have tried a few jars in the past, I often find they don't taste fresh, slightly vinegary even.

This makes me swear like Gordon Ramsay as I feel its a waste of my steak mince.

I was impressed and there were murmurs of appreciation all round.

I like chefs adapt and add to existing recipes and will probably use again but add mushrooms and peppers to add texture and  a different flavour to an already nice one.

Chris and Conor tried the  Black Olive & Mixed Herb one evening while Paige and I were out. Chris commented that the olive taste is very apparent, he said it tasted sweet and herby, the large pieces of olives made it taste like a fresh sauce on top of a pizza.
It is actually suggested as a pizza topping as is the Cherry Tomato and Balsamic, which I may try, but for the review I swirled through fusilli and its sweet and tangy, very tasty indeed.

My favourite is the Wild Mushroom and Mascarpone, this one through spaghetti, is rich, creamy and has a lovely cheesy taste

The great thing is these sauces are as named Seriously Good and so quick and easy so unlike Gordon there wont be an "F" word when it comes to cooking dinner.

Remember at least ten pence from the sale of every jar of Seriously Good sauce going to Comic Relief you can help make a difference every time you make one of these delicious meals. The money raised goes towards transforming the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged people in the UK and some of the poorest countries in the world (and Gordon doesn’t get a penny).


Available in selected major retailers including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and the Co-operative.


RRP £1.89 for 350g jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment