Monday, November 22, 2010

Matthew Walker Traditional Puddings





 Matthew Walker Puddings is the oldest Christmas Pudding maker in the world, established in Derbyshire in 1899.
So in my opinion they know what they are doing and my taste buds agree with me.
I had the task of eating their Christmas Pudding early just so I could let you know what I thought, its very hard sometimes to slog away for these reviews, eating seasonal foods early so you can buy yours in time.



I am joking of course I love this pudding so much I could eat  it all year around.

It scores highly for me as there are no nuts added to the recipe. I have no terrible allergy.
So many pudding recipes have walnuts hazelnuts, macadamias etc added. I just prefer the fruits in the pudding.
 I find the puddings without nuts seem to be blander in other flavours too, they also tend to knock out the alcohol as well as the nuts. I never can fathom this if you don't like nuts in your Christmas pudding then you must be teetotal too, almost like a punishment for me.

Matthew Walker say

Christmas is a truly magical time of year and nothing quite gets me into a festive mood more than the rich aroma, wonderful texture and scrumptious flavour of a traditional home made Christmas pudding.

That’s why I spend all of my time looking for ways to improve my Christmas pudding recipe and meeting with farmers and suppliers from around the world to make sure I always have the very finest ingredients.

One thing I’ll never change is the traditional cooking method of steaming our Christmas puddings and allowing them to cool naturally - because it’s traditions like this that make Christmas so special





On to taste its moist that's the first sensation, its a proper pudding that has all the succulent fruits and has been cooked to give a soft sticky sweet feeling.
Its fruity rich as you would expect, I kept having to have more just so I could check for you, yes its perfectly Christmassy Christmas pudding.


Buy online at




Final order date for guaranteed Christmas delivery is Wednesday 22nd December 2010

(As all deliveries via Royal Mail orders placed after 3pm on 22nd December can not be guaranteed for pre Christmas delivery)

You can also buy my traditional Christmas puddings from these leading stores: Morrisons, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Lidl, Netto, Co-op and many other retailers

No comments:

Post a Comment