Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature



My breast and bottle feeding days are over and yes I am a Mum who successfully did both despite the controversy it seems to cause.
I had twins and Conor was tube fed when he was born so this too caused feeding issues, the hospital midwifes gave him a bottle of my milk and he seemed to prefer a bottle teat.

I persevered with breast feeding despite being told by a midwife and a Dr on two occasions I had "done my bit"

I breastfed through mastitis, Dr said stop, I did not  and for that I deserve a medal (in my eyes anyway).

I did combine feeds with bottles not because of lack of milk, I had plenty and two healthy weight gaining babes despite some ups and downs hence midwife suggesting stopping. It was because Conor seemed to like a bottle, also so I could occasionally get sleep at night.
I had no family help at all with my babies so Chris was my support, when home from work he would  help and get up in the night when he could. Make me tea, do all the changes and on a weekend would bottle feed.

I am proud of the fact I did feed twins and if I had a single baby I possibly would have exclusively breastfed.
 I would  still have used bottles for water,  also I gave  to Paige for colic.

So when Tomme Tippee asked me to feature the Closer to Nature bottles I wholeheartedly agreed.


 
I want to remark on the appearance, the bottles are a lovely shape much easier to hold and the shape also allows for easy cleaning.
Their unique shape allows the bottle to be held closer into the body therefore allowing dads to enjoy a closeness with baby during feeding normally reserved for breastfeeding mums.
 I especially like the decorative pink bottles. They do come in blue also.
The bottles are BPA free so safe from chemicals.

The teats as described below are shaped to mmic the breast so there is no unsettling you baby if you do swap back and fowards occasionally when giving water for example.




Inspired by nature and developed in conjunction with midwives, breastfeeding mums and babies, closer to nature® bottles are designed for easier, more natural feeding. The bottle features a uniquely soft, super wide teat that naturally flexes and stretches
like the breast, and the natural shape lets baby latch on effortlessly, easing transitions between breast and bottle and allowing mum to successfully combine breast and bottle feeding.

The bottle shape is simply intuitive, allowing for a more comfortable hold and breastfeeding-like closeness, while the ultra-sensitive anti-colic valve lets babies feed at their own pace with less air, vacuum build up and teat collapse, which can help reduce gas and colic while feeding. Teats are progressively staged in slow, medium, fast and vari-flow rates to meet growing babies’ needs.


Features and Benefits

· 100% BPA free

· Easy latch on shape

– breast like teat shape

– easier switching between

breast & bottle

· Unique bottle shape

– designed to be held in a natural

position

– mimics the position of breast

feeding

· Super sensitive anti-colic valve

– advanced easi-vent technology

– optimum venting during feeding

– reduces risk of baby taking in air

Tommee Tippee products are stocked by most major retailers and many independent stores

http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/department/closer_to_nature/

No comments:

Post a Comment