Monday, November 22, 2010

Wolf Blass Silver Collection



I have just spent a pleasant weekend trying Wolf Blass Silver Label Collection Shiraz Cabernet wine. Although Chris is the main red wine drinker, I do like to drink it  with red meat so a perfect opportunity also  to get some lamb loin chops on Saturday and leave Chris sulking he would not get the full bottle to himself.

I am not going to say anymore than my limited wine vocabulary will allow, but I can say, I found it to be heavy, in a rich full bodied heaviness. I could taste cocoa and blackcurrants, a wine buff will tell you maybe that I didn't but that's what I got from my taste buds.

Its very smooth and spicy if that makes sense, its smooth to swish around my tongue but has a spice aftertaste.

I liked it, it has great deep flavour and I found it easy to drink, I will definitely be looking out for more, but I handed over the rest of the bottle to a relieved husband as I had more wine to review.




NEW FOR YOUR WINE RACK
For those who appreciate the finer things in life, the new Silver Label Collection from Wolf Blass  is an elegant wine choice that will bring a touch of sophistication to a special occasion.


A premium addition to the Wolf Blass portfolio, the new Silver Label Collection, comprising Shiraz Cabernet and Chardonnay, has been crafted by an award-winning winemaking team and showcases the superior quality, character and consistency that is the hallmark of the Wolf Blass winery. A strong focus on careful fruit sourcing and blending delivers a wine range full of lifted vibrant fruit flavours and well integrated tannins.

Whether you are entertaining guests, celebrating with friends & family, or simply want to ensure palate perfection at the dining table, the Silver Label Collection is a bold and distinctive addition to your wine rack.

Wolf Blass Silver Label Shiraz Cabernet 2008
Fleshy plum fruit and spice delivered from the Shiraz and dark berries from the Sauvignon delivers a length and structure that creates a seamless wine from start to finish. Complemented with spicy, savoury oak and finished with finely textured tannins this would be a perfect match with rich red meat dishes.


Wolf Blass Silver Label Chardonnay 2009
Fresh citrus and stone fruit notes are supported by subtle creamy oak and a crisp refreshing finish. Bright and lively citrus acidity is cleansing on the palate while providing line and length of flavour, this will compliment meaty white fish or lighter chicken dishes.

Established in Australia’s Barossa Valley, Wolf Blass has been creating a range of premium red, white and sparkling wines since 1966. An award-winning label which exudes strength, power and elegance, Wolf Blass is recognised globally as an icon of modern winemaking and is consistently one of the best-selling wine ranges in the UK.

The Wolf Blass Silver Label Collection is available now from branches of Asda, Morrisons and Tesco.com priced £12.99.

For outstanding offers on wine and VIP tickets to exclusive sporting events, join the Wolf Blass Platinum Club.
Visit http://www.wolfblassplatinumclub.com/ for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment